Photography- one photo a day

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
WtnL32N.jpg

Was ther on a return trip antelope hunting in Wyoming, very impressive, you see pictures of it but until you see it in real life you are amazed. Same with Niagra falls it is amazing the magnitude of those places in real life.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
2015 was a record low snow pack for the Sierras, like scary low. This allowed my brother and I to explore a normally underwater, off trail section of Lake Aloha. We spent hours exploring the dried up lake bottom sections and new it was once in a lifetime chance... Just 3 years later there was a record snow pack accumulation in this area, 256 inches that winter; and the lake has been back to full or near full capacity since.

Photo scaled down from original 50 MB panoramic. Had to manually stitch the right side once I pulled it off the SD card. This is a much bigger stretch of country than it looks like in the photo.

aloha 2015.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Some really cool country to see in early Fall is just north-east of Yosemite. Catch it before the first heavy snows come in and it's a unique blend of Fall colors from the quaking aspens, mixed with the evergreen white firs and sugar pines. We did a 40+ mile trek starting at Lundy Lake (in the photo here), all the way through Tuolumne meadows and up to Mt Dana.

lundy lake.jpg