Photography- one photo a day

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
S3npK9E.jpg

AKDoc

WKR
Nine years ago today my wife and I were in Namibia, and following the hunt we drove a few hundred miles on a dirt road to the coast to visit a seal sanctuary. It was an adjustment driving on the left-side of the road in a Range Rover with the steering wheel on the right, and there were many roads signs I never see in Alaska...

Drive to the coast.JPG

...but we didn't need a sign for the sanctuary because we could smell it several miles away!

Namibia seal sanctuary.JPG

Nine years ago today my wife and I were in Namibia, and following the hunt we drove a few hundred miles on a dirt road to the coast to visit a seal sanctuary. It was an adjustment driving on the left-side of the road in a Range Rover with the steering wheel on the right, and there were many roads signs I never see in Alaska...
Man, how I can relate! 🤣

I did a long drive in South Africa from Jo'burg to Kruger NP in a Toyota SUV. Everytime I tried to use the turn signals, I flipped on the windshield wipers. The worst part was shifting the manual tranny with my left hand, which is basically useless. The most confusing manuever was making a right or left turn on to a 4-lane divided highway.