Photography- one photo a day

Just about 3 more months until they show up back here

g0mBi1Lh.jpg

Team RBN

FNG
I also like to photograph hummingbirds. Where I lived in South Texas close to the coast, I was in the migration route. The fall migration was short but the numbers were huge. I had 5 feeders on the front porch and would go through just under1 gallon of sugar/water mix per day. There was a period of about 10 days where the numbers were high on their way south. Here is a pic showing some of the numbers, most I have ever gotten in one pic was over 30. During that 10 day period it would be common to have over 100 at the feeders at one time. We had Ruby-throated, Black-chinned and Rufous as the most common, but others would show up in the spring or fall at times.
View attachment 368397
It really makes a difference where you are. I used to live in a city, and I would get the same 2 or 3 every year. I live in the country about 50 miles away and there are dozens. My dad lives on the Oregon coast and has Annas and Rufous year round, 30 or 40 at the feeders everyday.
This guy shows up here every year for a few days and takes charge of the whole yard. He's kind of a bully, but entertaining to watch.
Rufous

20220116_221118.jpg

DuckDogDr

WKR
What settings / camera lenses are y’all using for these humming bird photos ?
My parents always get a bunch in the spring and would like to try