WTS Pick up the phone!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
These scammers are getting better and better. In the past I’ve always just checked feedback and tenure, but now they’re hacking accounts!

The only thing they can’t hide is their accent and their lack of command for the english language. When buying something ask for a phone number and speak to someone on the phone! Seems to be the best shot at not getting screwed!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got burned on a scope 2 weeks ago on another forum. Be careful with WTB ads as these dirtbags will reach out to you. He provided enough details in our PMs to convince me he was legit but I wish I called him up as I think I would have been able to tell he was a scammer.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
PP is anti-gun, ammo, even rifle scopes according to others that have had issues. I wouldn't place any faith in PP.
Yeah, the loud objects we love violate PP's terms of service. However, I think using PP through your credit card is still your best bet for protection

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
PP is anti-gun, ammo, even rifle scopes according to others that have had issues. I wouldn't place any faith in PP.
regardless, here are the items not covered by G&S. If they did not amend the insurance you are paying for, they would be up shit creek with a lot of folks.

Attachments

• 1E70966D-53AA-4CA6-B3D7-52CB97655434.png
    1E70966D-53AA-4CA6-B3D7-52CB97655434.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 224
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

williaada

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got taken for on a range finder a year back. Still makes me annoyed to think it happened. The guy was on this site and on another site at the same time.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Scammers are getting better.

Received an email from a guy I have bought stuff from in the past via a different forum. He has a legitimate business and was passing along some deals to previous customers before he listed them to the public. Just too good of pricing..... Didn't even notice the email was off/added a letter; however a call directly to him, and not the one listed in the email, confirmed it was a scam.

We become so used to email that picking up the phone, checking things, searching for the REAL business phone number seems out of place.

be careful

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only scammers always had accents, or people with accents were always scammers...? It's a place to start if that's your threshold, but relying on an escrow-type service (GunTab?), or selling closer to home for a face-to-face has got to be better than rolling the dice on somebody who sounds like they're from your favorite part of the planet.

I liked another suggestion I've read, to add another layer...have the person take a picture of the item along with a piece of paper with your name and the price and a legit ID/License/Passport with their identity, and have them text the picture and/or email the picture to you. Line up all the flaming hoops you can think of, and if it's too much hassle for them, better you keep money in your pocket and wait for someone willing to take the steps.

Also, help the whole community by turning on 2FA and getting Google Authenticator or something similar, so your account doesn't end up hacked into the hands of one of these thieves.