Picking a new Bullet. how do you all choose

I look for very high weight retention bullets: Barnes (TTSX, LRX). Federal (Edge TLR, TBT).

Using Barnes we have had 9/10 one shots clean kills over the past few years. The 1/10 was just a bad shot. It happens. Federal Edge TLR, one shot one harvest thus far, dropped a mature mule deer in it's tracks at 234 yards, sample size is only one so time will tell.

Accubonds always get a lot of love on forums likely for a good reason.

rmarshall

WKR
Our hunting party has been shooting the 270 win for decades, in the last 10 plus years I have switched everyone to the 140 Accubond. It's an amazingly accurate bullet and very tough. We have taken lots and deer, cow elk and even big mature bull elk with that bullet out to 500 yards and it's always performed. It get's my vote around our camp.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I always ask our customers what is the max range they plan to shoot at to understand what their goals are. A 145 ELD-X moving 3000 F/S would be an all around hammer, or a 170 Berger EOL Elite Hunter at 2800 F/S would do great on elk. In the end, it's whatever you can practice the most with and be on target at your intended hunting range with enough terminal energy to take your animal species of choice.