Picking a press

get an old usa made used rcbs jr, which will do everything you need for cheap, and then shop for a used co-ax. Recently I have seen 2 come up for $250-300 on the forums we all frequent. When you get the co-ax then set up the jr as a dedicated press, or pass it down the line.
This...a Jr or better yet an A2. I did this picked up both used and have yet to upgrade. I like using tools older than I am. I just picked up extra seating dies for the calibers I load diffent grain bullets.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Have a Co-Ax and a Lee Classic Cast with the Hornady bushings. I like them both. If I had to choose, Forster hands down.

As far as all the new presses out there, all I can say is, I don't know what I don't know.

I do know that the old RCBS Rock Chucker has been around a long time, including mine, ('70s) making very good/accurate ammo. It might be slower and lack the latest whistles and bells, but when I head to my bench I'm in no hurry, anyway. For me, a few hours reloading is a pleasant way to relax....rather than a chore.

Last edited:

Weldor

WKR
Hollywood jr. or turrent ebay. built like a tank and last forever.

Sled

WKR
As far as all the new presses out there, all I can say is, I don't know what I don't know.

I do know that the old RCBS Rock Chucker has been around a long time, including mine, ('70s) making very good/accurate ammo. It might be slower and lack the latest whistles and bells, but when I head to my bench I'm in no hurry, anyway. For me, a few hours reloading is a pleasant way to relax....rather than a chore.

OP
mlawrence125

mlawrence125

Lil-Rokslider
Found an older Bonanza Co-Ax last night, made an offer and paid for it. Hopefully it fills the role I need for a long time and I'll have no reason to upgrade later, except for maybe a turret or progressive for 9mm and 5.56 volume loading. Glad I decided to piece together my stuff rather than get a kit, easier to swallow the cost and can get better quality parts where they count. Thanks for all the suggestions