Picking an AKC name????

I've never had a papered dog before and have no idea how to come up with a registered name.

My name is Bryan Ricks

Griffon Female named Tines

Goal is a shed antler collecting dog.
20220102_140836.jpg
20220102_135522.jpg

Last edited:

slamdmini

FNG
some of the names are just ridiculous. i dont understand it. our old choc lab was duke. our new red lab is kodiak blue, (we call him kodi). my daughter wanted to name him blue, but we thought it was weird to name a red lab blue. otherwise he would just be kodiak. maybe were just too plain

some of the names are just ridiculous. i dont understand it. our old choc lab was duke. our new red lab is kodiak blue, (we call him kodi). my daughter wanted to name him blue, but we thought it was weird to name a red lab blue. otherwise he would just be kodiak. maybe were just too plain
AKC has a lot of dog names! Longer is better to distinguish one from another. There probably a million Dukes registered 😀

Most kennels or breeders will always include that name in the official papers.

So maybe Ricks Fetching Good Tines 🤣
Or Ricks Let the Good Tines roll

MT257

WKR
I’m guessing your intent is to breed her? We were in the same boat last year with our griff, but chose against the papering of her because we had no intention of breeding her.

OP
BRTreedogs
I’m guessing your intent is to breed her? We were in the same boat last year with our griff, but chose against the papering of her because we had no intention of breeding her.
Maybe, idk yet.
My wife mentioned you only have a year or something.
I don't really know anything about it.
But ill register her anyways that way I can at least say I've had one papered doggo in my life.

sndmn11

WKR
I'd tie your kennel name into a place that planted your love for antlers in your heart, and get close to her name but not quite.

Brick's Skookum Gulch Tine Dragger or some other nonsense that people have to ask about to hear the back story.

WCB

WKR
Yeah...you don't really need the dogs name in the registered name. You can call her whatever you want.

Bryans Godda Tines E-Bone? (yes I'm 10yrs old at heart)

Mosby

WKR
I have used prior parents name built into the name but I normally include the dogs name.

I am getting a new pup in a few weeks. My son wants to name him Goose which is fine but I couldn't come up with a name for the paperwork that made any sense...so I stopped trying. He won't be going on goose hunts.

The dogs name and his registration will be different. No big deal.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Im pretty sure its a year to register , other wise a penalty . At least thats the the way it used to be if I rem eber right .