Picking Up a 2.8 Duamax Diesel Chevy CO

Mudslinger

Lil-Rokslider
If you get the gas V6 you must get the 8 speed tranny. BAD=BAD. Look up the Chevy 8 speed Transmission "shutter", mine dident start the shutter till 800 miles and it quiet for about 400 every time they changed the fluid.
Its been going on since 2015 and they still cant fix it. They had my 2018 67 days total. 2 new fluid types, 1 new tork convener and a new transmission, 2nd worse than the first. After a long and time consuming BBB fight they replaced it with a 2020 4 cyilnder with the 6 speed. 6 speed tranny works fine but 4 cyl. is just way under powered. I just drive it back and forth to my public job. Toyota Tundra does all the farm work. I think the diesel has the 6 speed tranny so stay with it.

I had the same shudder problem with my 1/2 ton. 2017, 8 speed with 106000 miles. I had to replace the transmission and also the technician told me that he see a lot of torque converters in the shop in these also. I was also told by a GM salesman, that this is why they changed to the 10 speed in the 2020 models

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome, simply the best! You have no idea how much all this great info shared helped out in my decision! I chose a badass Summit White with black hood scoop in the V-6 Model. I seriously wanted the diesel & also drove the new Bison but opted for the ZR2 gasser. Thanks so much guys for your help!

ElkNut/Paul