Pics of Custom Knives

NDGuy

WKR
Post your custom knives for me, I am ordering my first and 2nd custom knife from Gene Ingram and Lucas Forge. Looking for some good ideas/looks to send to them. As of now I am getting a D2 Steel Bird & Trout from Gene and a O1 steel Packer from Lucas. Both with wood handles probably looking at something similar to the below links.

Ironwood Packer | Lucas Forge

Gene Ingram - Drop Point - Fort Henry Custom Knives

Who have you gone through for your custom?

My dad has a fairly large collection of hand made knives, these are a couple I managed to get from him by Alan Warren out of Idaho. The drop point was a "blem" (hell if I can see any issues) and the humpback was a limited run of 10 that I got #2 and dad got #1. They've gone to work on 2 mule deer and whitetail this year and never needed more than a quick touch up on a steel.

*I made the horizontal sheath so that's why it doesn't look as good.

knife1.jpgknife2.jpg

WKR
Check out Bushkill Blades. Friend of mine and a qualityaker and person.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lt62eWw.jpg

Lucas Forge Custom, O1 steel with aged finish, walnut handle.

WKR
Thanks I will check them out. These two Gene has made in the past caught my eye.
Nice.
I tried and failed to post the knife dan made for me.
This is his website.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
my first custom knife is in the mail on its way. It is the northern shrike by evan siembida.

wildcat33

WKR
Woodman. 3.5" blade. Got my name on the list for another, but that's 1yr+ away. Next one will be 3/32 stock to cut some weight.

Very similar to Ingram is David Winston. He might have a shorter lead. Another maker that I'd like to try is Rick Menefee. His drop point is art and next on my list.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 160
That top one with the matte finish and red lanyard hole is sweeet!

Yeh? Well it gets better. I was so happy with the performance, after breaking down 2 Elk Cows and a Buck, that I called and left him a voicemail. This is the text I received in reply:

"I am fortunate to be able, and doing what I enjoy. Taking your time to leave a kind complimentary message was a treat.
Sincerest thanks,
Gene Ingram"

That is just eff'in epic sh*t right there.

(I hope I don't get banned now... please be gentle)

wildcat33

WKR
Yeh? Well it gets better. I was so happy with the performance, after breaking down 2 Elk Cows and a Buck, that I called and left him a voicemail. This is the text I received in reply:

"I am fortunate to be able, and doing what I enjoy. Taking your time to leave a kind complimentary message was a treat.
Sincerest thanks,
Gene Ingram"

That is just eff'in epic sh*t right there.

(I hope I don't get banned now... please be gentle)

I had a similar interaction with Gene after sending him a message thanking him with a pic of his knife and a bull. Heck of a good guy.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Grabbed these wood scales for my customs I’m ordering. Going to see in person first before deciding.

f45b6a6ec381d54a0f9e4f2308e8a532.png

f681855853aa590df2affa610f6aa0d6.png

99c407160c0ef1b3e9f9f8b770f64f96.png

That’s a beauty sir. Did you pick that wood yourself?

The mosaics look great on that.
Thank you. I did not pick the wood. It showed up as available and I immediately grabbed it. Not sure if someone ordered it or if it was just built on speculation. Either way I think it is a really beautiful knife.

Last edited: