Pics of Custom Seek Outside Packs

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
My understanding is that X-33 is more abrasion resistant with a minimal weight penalty vs the 21. If you like multicam I'd imagine it's hard to beat. Not sure on what the weight difference between a pack in X-21 vs the SpectraGrid would end up being, but I believe the Spectra is lighter.

I'd suggest you give Seek a call to discuss. You'll see it mentioned elsewhere on here, and I will also attest to their outstanding customer service. Not just telling you about their products but listening to your ideas and needs and working with you to get what you're after. They helped me out on my custom order for sure.

Dvl_Doc

FNG
Mine is on loan to a friend to train with and compare while I tote around my son on my other Revolution frame. I LOVE the multicam and would order any future packs in it. I cannot speak to durability of that material though because I took delivery of this in April. My other olive packs have had zero issues.

I started with a new style peregrine, my wife uses that now. I also have a sales which is very functional. I chose the custom just for a little added organization.
This is a 5400 bag with the internal shelf. With that size it included an integrated pocket in lid/roll top. I chose the Lanner style pockets do get a dump sleeve and two more pockets. I did a saker zip on my left, and a long draw cord sleeve on my right. My idea there is my water rides on my left, rifle on right in a gun bearer, in the long sleeve I can stuff jacket etc in their sil zipper pouches and fold that into the middle first. I can then cover the opening of that with the snow collar folded down. I do also clip my Merlin on the back, so that gives me a lot of pockets to organize with.
View attachment 185727
How did you tote your kid on your revolution frame? I’ve been considering different ways to haul my 10 month old.

mlgc20

WKR
I ordered a custom 4800 X-21 on an integrated frame. Placed the order a few days ago. Now I check their website every day hoping the leads times get updated to “two weeks” or something like that. Not gonna happen. But, excited for the pack. Got an 8 day Yellowstone hike on the books to get the new pack broken in.

Rokwiia

WKR
Here's a custom 5400. Little disappointed in the weight as it came about a half pound heavier than expected, but still a great pack.

I got it in x33, no full zipper, lighter style mesh pocket, spectra side pockets, no hydro port, no internal load shelf, small hip belt.

So according to their site, I should come in at least 10oz less than the lanner, and it is only 3oz less than lanner.

View attachment 185708

I really think this an an outstanding looking pack. I just ordered the new SpectragridHT hipbelt pockets and I'll see what it is all about. Once I know, then I will make a decision about getting a new custom 4,800 bag either in the camo X-33 or the SpectragridXT.

We'll see.....

tdot

WKR
Thanks Kevin, super helpful and makes a lot of sense.

Because I am looking at an integrated bag and just so I understand you correctly, is the Cordura on the wearer side just a piece of fabric on the inside of the packbag, or is the entire panel of the bag Cordura? Not worried about the little extra weight if it makes it more durable, but would be worried about losing waterproofing.

It is the entire wearer side .. we have not had any durability issue with SpectraGrid BUT we said why not just go with what we have never had an issue. Less waterproof wearer side for sure. Likely not a big issue is real world use and upright walking but could be an issue in certain instances.

Any updates on the use of Xpac, in place of Cordura on the backside of the Integrated packs?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin,

Would you guys be willing to make a custom batwing style backpack. The only good comparison I've got is the kifaru nomad, but I want it a little different and with Xpac.
The closes we have is Brooks / Saker style and you can modify the main bag size and materials , otherwise no.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My custom pack bag shipped the other day, I had been patiently waiting and only thinking about it occasionally, but now I'm obsessing over it. Will post pictures once it arrives. It is a spectra 5400 with a tall pocket on the left and a water bottle pocket on the right.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My Spectra 5400 came in today. This is it compressed to day pack mode. 4 lb 3.5 ounces with load shelf, XL belt pocket, and 8 gate keeper straps. Drop the load shelf and belt pocket and it is right at 4 pounds, which is really light for a load hauler with breakaway frame.

The short water bottle pocket is usable with it compressed like this.
20210521_235615.jpg20210521_235625.jpg

Edit: ignor my toddlers chalk drawings on the harth.

Rokwiia

WKR
Wow---it looks great! Congratulations. Look forward to seeing a few pictures of your pack filled to get an idea what it will look like when you're out in the field. Was there a specific reason your chose the hipbelt pocket in X42 rather than in Spectra?

Do you remember what date you ordered the pack? Curious how they're rolling out as I ordered a custom X33 bag and wondering when it may be coming my way.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow---it looks great! Congratulations. Look forward to seeing a few pictures of your pack filled to get an idea what it will look like when you're out in the field. Was there a specific reason your chose the hipbelt pocket in X42 rather than in Spectra?

Do you remember what date you ordered the pack? Curious how they're rolling out as I ordered a custom X33 bag and wondering when it may be coming my way.

I ordered the bag on April 15th. I have had the frame since last December and ordered the X42 hipbelt pocket at that time. I wanted to see how the frame fit before buying a custom bag, I don't remember spectra pockets being available then, and I figured a hipbelt pocket was a cheap way to get my hands on X-pac fabric to see what I thought.

I like the new pocket design and how the spectra feels compared to X-pac, so at some point I will upgrade.

Cascadian

FNG
Hey Marbles, that spectra pack does look great!

On the outside the way you have it compressed, is that the 5400/Lanner "top collar" pocket?

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey Marbles, that spectra pack does look great!

On the outside the way you have it compressed, is that the 5400/Lanner "top collar" pocket?
One more question for you, did you go with the short water bottle pocket on both sides?

Yes, that is the Lanner top pocket. The bag is fully unrolled and folded over to give access to it.

I have the short water bottle pocket on the right and the tall pocket on the left.

HNTR918

WKR
Spectra 5400

Attachments

• 35EE5A09-DAD1-4DCA-B977-28F7FF7165F4.jpeg
    35EE5A09-DAD1-4DCA-B977-28F7FF7165F4.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3A28CB52-4F17-4E6D-88B7-BD0A19D23C6C.jpeg
    3A28CB52-4F17-4E6D-88B7-BD0A19D23C6C.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 7EBFAF25-187B-47D2-9C74-0413CDFB8C2F.jpeg
    7EBFAF25-187B-47D2-9C74-0413CDFB8C2F.jpeg