Pics of Custom Seek Outside Packs

Laned

WKR
If you want to try lightweight wood, look into Paulownia. It's the strongest hardwood for its weight. It can be steam bent or laminated into curves. I'd personally try it before bamboo... if I wanted pure strength Ash or Whiteoak are two to look at as well.

From using my Seek packs, I've never had the impression that the cross stays are heavily loaded, otherwise the velcro attachment system utilized wouldn't work.
That would make sense. Paulownia is commonly used in the core of skis.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

darpoh

FNG
My custom 3500 in x21 with blaze orange lid showed up today. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.

CoStick

WKR
My custom 3500 in x21 with blaze orange lid showed up today. Looking forward to getting it dialed in.
I have a blaze orange lid as well. Use it on a Merlin and 3500 during rifle. Also have a spectra 3500 on order as well.

Last edited:

Rokwiia

WKR
Great-looking pack. You got the main-bag zipper, which is very handy, with the new-style hipbelt pockets done in Spectra. I also like the orange top lid.

Questions:

1) Is the orange done in X-21 like you main bag?

2) It looks like the new-style hipbelt pocket zip from the front to the back. Is that correct?

darpoh

FNG
Correct on both.

My order was placed before the new hip pockets were available. I never checked if the pocket could have been made with x21 when SO contacted me with the change. It's my current dive into spectra. I may look at getting a spectra merlin in the future.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Is that the a stone glacier bear spray holder ? If it is it looks to match really well.

Totoro

WKR
Just placed my order for a custom 6300.

Nothing earth shattering, just wanted a long zippered side pocket for spotter, a tall side pocket for tripod and in a breakaway platform.

Now begins the wait.

Thanks Team SO for answering all my questions!

Rokwiia

WKR
Is that the a stone glacier bear spray holder ? If it is it looks to match really well.

Never heard of it until reading this thread. I ended up buying the SG bear spray holder for my X-21 Gila and the two colors match. I really like its lightweight, streamlined appearance, and functionality.

A nice addition, thanks.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
My custom 5400 that I ordered on May 28th shipped today. Spectra all over with 2 water bottle pockets, full length zipper, mesh talon and the hydration port. Im excited for it to get delivered. The bad news is I wont get to it for a week as I leave Friday for a week for work. Ill post pictures and the weight once I return.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Rokwiia

WKR
A new custom 4,800ci bag arrived in the integrated platform. I removed the Gila bag (3,500ci) and put on this new one which will be used interchangeably. It is in X33 material wiith a water bottle pocket and a tall pocket.

The SpectraGrid pockets were already on the belt and match the color of the Gila bag. They don't exactly compliment the Camo bag but I have a pair of the older SO halfmoon belt pockets in olive drab that if the gray bothers me. I doubt it will.

20210729_163824 (002).jpg20210729_163632 (002).jpg20210729_163344 (002).jpg20210729_163439 (002).jpg

Last edited:

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Got home from my trip today and unboxed my 5400. Its full spectra on the breakaway platform, water bottle pockets on both sides, side zipper, mesh face, hydration port, and 2 spectra hip belt pockets. Comes in at 4.5 pounds.

The bag is massive and I walked around the house with 30 pounds in it. Its so comfortable and Im looking forward to testing it with more weight.
66c97719a68994f6a2a9784b812689ab.jpg
f666e9375e6302027339834c1b4dda0f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Custom 6300 bag with breakaway frame. Anyone else with a custom 6300 have some issues connecting to frame?? I have been using the common loops that are sewed on to the bag (they are on the back of the bag, the side facing frame). When using these loops (two on each side) the bag feels pretty loose on the frame. Feels like there is side to side movement and just feels overall not tight to the frame. I could run long straps and go to the common loops that are on the front of the bag but then the straps are running over pockets which makes the pockets less than accessible. Curious to see what others are doing..

0e9c743148438292f8d6e14fb3114f3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Custom 6300 bag with breakaway frame. Anyone else with a custom 6300 have some issues connecting to frame?? I have been using the common loops that are sewed on to the bag (they are on the back of the bag, the side facing frame). When using these loops (two on each side) the bag feels pretty loose on the frame. Feels like there is side to side movement and just feels overall not tight to the frame. I could run long straps and go to the common loops that are on the front of the bag but then the straps are running over pockets which makes the pockets less than accessible. Curious to see what others are doing..

It's critical to attach the packbag to the loop that is coming from the wearer's side of the backpanel. You can see it in your picture just below the load lifter buckle on the top of your frame. I'd take the gatekeeper off the strap you have it on currently, put it on the next one up, and attached that to the loop. Once you get that locked in you should have no slop. From the looks of it your bottom strap may also be connected the wrong spot. There are additional loops behind the waist belt for this, you shouldn't need to attach the back bag to any of the loops on the side of the backpanel.

Seek has a bunch of videos on how to set these up that may help.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

Start watching about 6 minutes in.

Clarktar

WKR
Thank sanjuan and marbles. I got the top squared away (spoke with Kevin also,FYI seekoutside customer service is top notch).

But on the bottom of my frame and bag I do not hav a ladder lock. I do have some webbing coming from bag near bottom (webbing in my hand in photo). There is a ladder lock on frame but it has webbing going through it after being wrapped around bottom frame piece.

d6b23064edbea2367056849356265655.jpg

Laned

WKR
Thank sanjuan and marbles. I got the top squared away (spoke with Kevin also,FYI seekoutside customer service is top notch).

But on the bottom of my frame and bag I do not hav a ladder lock. I do have some webbing coming from bag near bottom (webbing in my hand in photo). There is a ladder lock on frame but it has webbing going through it after being wrapped around bottom frame piece.

d6b23064edbea2367056849356265655.jpg

I think you use a gatekeeper to attach that webbing to the diagonal loop on the frame. The webbing goes around the outside of each frame pole then to the gatekeeper. That's what I've done anyway. Also, the little Velcro pieces on the bag right by that same webbing secure the bag to the frame pole on each side.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk