Picture/video camera recommendations

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recommendations on a camera that my wife can use to take quality pictures and also have the capability for me to take on hunts and record some action. Any information will be helpful.

dduarte85

FNG
If size and ease of use is an issue, the Fuji X line is pretty solid.

if you don’t mind a fixed lens, the X100 series is a hell of a camera for its size.

if you want to be able to change lenses the XT4 is nice.

You have to make a list of what you want, rarely will a single camera meet all of them. It’s about trade offs.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It really depends on what you want. Personally, I would go with a Nikon mirrorless for a host of reasons. I leave off the mirrorless vs DSLR as there are lots of articles on that. The reason to go Nikon is the design of the Z mount.

There are much lighter and cheaper options than can work. It really depends on what you and your wife want it to do. Most people, to include myself, can get most everything they need done with a good smartphone camera. My wife demands more than that, and I'm the gearhead that researches and buys the equipment for her. Right now she is still using a DSLR, but when funds allowed I will be getting her a mirrorless Nikon and we are not investing in any more lenses until that happens.

Edit: Give @Camera Land a call and support a forum sponsor. They are a pleasure to do business with and can help you figure out your needs.

Good morning. Happy to help. There are a lot of great options depending on what type of camera you are looking for Give us a call at 516-217-1000. I will be in from 8:30 to 10:15. If I am not here speak with Jeff.

Look forward to hearing from you. Mention Rokslide

Joel

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Good morning. Happy to help. There are a lot of great options depending on what type of camera you are looking for Give us a call at 516-217-1000. I will be in from 8:30 to 10:15. If I am not here speak with Jeff.

Look forward to hearing from you. Mention Rokslide

Joel
I just now saw this, Joel. I will be giving you a call tomorrow. Will you be available at a certain time?

Hi
I am here now until 5:00

Call me at 516-217-1000
I am running out from 9:30-10:00

Joel