Piecing together a pack

So I really like eberlestock packs for the way they carry a rifle and thats about it. Most people know how heavy and uncomfortable with weight they are. I am curious if any one has taken something like a Kuiu ultra 3000(just off the top of my head) and one of the few scabbards sold out there and put them together. I just want this for a daypack style of hunting pack that can carry some meat on the way out, already set for multi day outings. Any ideas? Not a big fan of the gun on the side of pack harness for day hunting. I like how the scabbard protects and keeps the gun out of the way.

Kotaman

WKR
Either find a Kifaru Mountain Rambler with the built in scabbard or pick up the Nomad in the Rhino Den and mount the gun carrier OR the Eberlestock scabbard between the wings. These are all GREAT options. The other is to wait for the new Kifaru Nomad with what appears to be a scabbard between the wings.

LBFowler

WKR
I've played around a little bit, pretty much any pack with a bag and frame that can be separated can do this. I think the Mystery Ranch method of securing the rifle on the diagonal (like the NICE overload) makes a lot more sense, but I always end up just carrying the gun in my hand so I can't speak from experience.