Pig hunts where to go?

PA Hunter

WKR
Looking for any recommendations on a pig hunt maybe Georgia or surrounding areas as I live in PA and don’t want to drive too far. Looking to drive with a few friends for couple days hunting any suggestions where and what time of year greatly appreciated. I didn’t draw my Wyoming Elk tag and now I need something to look forward to.

Thanks in advance.

March is a really good time to go. They have calmed down from deer season and move some in the daylight if you are bowhunting. Not too cold and usually before the snakes get too active although they can be out in March mostly on the warmer days. The thermal night hunts can be fun for gun hunters. Lots of them in GA, just google it.

South Alabama be my recommendation.
Plenty of public land and all of it near a river is loaded with hogs. Look into delta and coffeeville wma's as they are plentiful there. If you have any questions let me know. As far as time, you're getting later than I like to hunt if I'm keeping meat I'd wait till fall if you can't go in the next few weeks.

Yes it will be next fall or whenever I don’t want to be hunting too hot out either and it will be with a gun.
We hunted wma around coffeeville during archery or small game season, should be pretty cheap for you just out of state license and wma permit, used bows a lot and sometimes 22's. See a lot of hogs there but you really need a boat. You can do it walking but boat makes it a lot easier. About the same with the delta just a lot more area that we aren't as familiar with.

Ben442

FNG
If your looking for a public land hunt I would check out Ft. Stewart in Georgia. Lot of hoops to jump through because it is a military base but it seems to keep the pressure pretty low. We went last year during mid-March and only ran into other hunters in the campground.