Pigeon with leg bands.. What to do?

Btaylor

WKR
If it was fresh, fry that dude up. Fine eating right there. And for sure put the bands on your duck call lanyard.

Yes, this is what is known as a racing homer, one band is registered to the owner so the bird may be tracked as for pedigreed and for entry & clocking during races. The other may no doubt be just a small colored rubber band also used to clock the bird in when he gets home. Miles & time. It looks like the poster above me found you a local club to contact, I also posted the link to the American Racing Pigeon Union, the second link gives you a form to find the owner using the band number. Rasing pigeons can be worth thousands of $ if they are good. The owner would be happy to learn the faith of his bird. Storms, birds of pray or shooters can put them out for good or temporary.

I am a pigeon breeder and flyer not a racer. I own breeds from Turkey & Egypt known for their fast flying ability, they can out fly a falcon. There are hundreds of different types of domestic breeds. from all over the world.

Some pics of my pigeons

KBt8Ftil.jpg

5d7z81Jl.jpg

eVkZHFcl.jpg

o5TYAaVl.jpg

Last edited: