Pillow woes solved

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
If you have trouble sleeping in the backcountry, mostly due to pillow issues, definitely give this a try. Its $25 and 10 oz WELL spent. I actually prefer this travel pillow to my full size pillow and have been sleeping on it every night in bed. I'll never be without it. And yes, I've tried most all recommended backpack pillows, rolls, stuffed sacks, etc.

Amazon.com: MyPillow Roll N Go Travel Pillow Rolls Into It's Own Pillow Case, Included, DayBreak Blue, Size 12" X 18": Home & Kitchen

File%20Jul%2004%208%2052%2020%20AM_zps1dvhsnwb.jpeg

File%20Jul%2004%2010%2040%2020%20AM_zpskgzhln66.jpeg

File%20Jul%2004%2010%2040%2037%20AM_zpsu0uh7wsk.jpeg

Attachments

• File Jul 04, 8 52 20 AM.jpg
    File Jul 04, 8 52 20 AM.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 206
  • File Jul 04, 10 40 20 AM.jpg
    File Jul 04, 10 40 20 AM.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 209
  • File Jul 04, 10 40 37 AM.jpg
    File Jul 04, 10 40 37 AM.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
FYI you can get it off ebay with free shipping. You can also get it without the pillow case for $21 with free shipping.

OP
C

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
You see it in my hand stuffed in the case but it will compress much much smaller if desired.

I also have the thermarest and its farrrrrr behind My Pillow in comfort.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
image.jpgWe went with My Pillow at Christmas time. They are very nice and I also have one of the smaller ones for home use but I'll be using it this year for backpacking. Very supportive, comfortable and can be compressed. I just weighed it and it comes in at 7.89 ounces. The photo is of the small pillow.

Randy

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Mine just showed up and I think it’s going to be perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

WoodBow

WKR
I got mine on saturday and i could not be any happier with it. I slept great on it the last 2 nights. The pillow case it comes with is quite heavy. Without it it weighs 6.6 oz on my scale.

I might actually not dread trying to sleep in the mountains this year.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like i might have to get one of these. My inflatable pillow isnt that comfortable to me.
Was thinking of cutting a pillow i like in half and resewing it to use when spiking out.

Interested in this as well. I have been through three inflatable pillows looking for the right one. How thick is this pillow? I’m a side sleeper and just can’t seem to get enough height from most inflatable ones. I had even thought about taking two and filling the top one half way lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
For side sleeping you might try an inflatable on bottom and this pillow on top.

After several nights on it at home, it started to get flat. Then i realized you just need to fluff it like a down pillow and it is back to original height.

Ive hated every backpacking pillow i have ever used. This one feels like a real pillow because it is a real pillow, just smaller.

For side sleeping you might try an inflatable on bottom and this pillow on top.

After several nights on it at home, it started to get flat. Then i realized you just need to fluff it like a down pillow and it is back to original height.

Ive hated every backpacking pillow i have ever used. This one feels like a real pillow because it is a real pillow, just smaller.

I went ahead and got a few of these. One for me and one for the wife. We'll use them on an upcoming international trip instead of hotel pillows. Slept on it last night and it worked well. Can be shaped pretty easily. Also a side sleeper and feel like it will work. Small surface area so when adjusting positions it will probably require so pillow position adjustment as well. For the price I like it. I'll have it with me this fall in the mountains.

I wonder about using a waterproof stuff sack or something similar as a durable cover, and also carrying this during the day for a pad to sit on?

I currently use an exped inflatable pillow but obviously wouldn’t want to sit on an inflatable while glassing on the mountain.

I normally don’t carry a sitting cushion but have been considering it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
Amazon had the MyPillow Roll-n-Go on lighting deals earlier this week, so I bought one. Way better than an inflatable for me, not high enough but the way the cover is designed you can stuff clothes in the there and make it taller and still have the actual pillow against your head. It should do the trick. I'd still like to try the Thermarest Compressible, which I think is similar to the MyPillow. I'd also like to try the Nemo Fillo Luxury (but it's $50), it is a combo of filled and inflatable. Having a decent pillow makes a big difference in how I sleep anywhere.

WoodBow

WKR
Amazon had the MyPillow Roll-n-Go on lighting deals earlier this week, so I bought one. Way better than an inflatable for me, not high enough but the way the cover is designed you can stuff clothes in the there and make it taller and still have the actual pillow against your head. It should do the trick. I'd still like to try the Thermarest Compressible, which I think is similar to the MyPillow. I'd also like to try the Nemo Fillo Luxury (but it's $50), it is a combo of filled and inflatable. Having a decent pillow makes a big difference in how I sleep anywhere.
I thought about buiyng a full size my pillow to harvest the fill from to make the size i want. Could make several from one id imagine.