Pillows!

OP
D

dotman

WKR
That's exactly what I used in the past but was wondering if I was missing out since it seems everyone takes a pillow now. Your not helping get me on the pillow train :)

I'm actually looking forward to trying out my Kuiu Spindrift jacket! Seems like it'll be as comfortable as any inflatable out there???

Mike

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Fanel stuff sack pillow bags that Becca made are WAY more comfy than those air pillows. And better than using your jacket rolled up or the supplied stuff sack it came with. :D

8184e34b.jpg

db487670.jpg

Ozz08

WKR
I've used a bunch of different pillows and I've found that whatever extra layers I bring shoved in a stuff sack is just as if not more comfortable.

That's what I should have put in the bad purchase thread! All the crap backpacking pillows I've tried over the years.

mtbshark

WKR
i have one of the thermarest pillows and it stays in a cupboard in the garage at all time that is how much i love it!

on a side note Luke i would love to give one of those fleece zip sacks a go

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I take an empty pillow case with me and stuff whatever in there to use. Works great! I like what Becca has made though!

a3dhunter

WKR
I keep my rain gear in an extra large Kifaru UL pullout, I use that with a fleece wrapped around it and it has worked good the last two trips.
Have thought about the pillow, but not worth adding something extra at this time.

millsms

FNG

Yukondog

WKR
I have tried a number of different set ups. This year I bought along with my Exped UL7 mat the Exped pillow pump. It seems to be the best of all worlds. Folds up to the size of a small Gatorade bottle, has about 2" of foam inside, you can blow it up to add firmness and no more dizzy spells blowing up my mat. That last one is exciting to me. The Big Agnes pillows I've tried have not treated me well. I have two of those. I don't care for the rolled up jacket or fleece type set ups. I hope that this pillow pump is the ticket. Feels very good in the basement. Have not been able to sleep on it in the woods yet.

Matt

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
My fav is the exped ruby red large air pillow. I don't leave home without it.

JNDEER

WKR
I have used this in the past and worked pretty well for stuffing jackets or what not since its a flannel! I would suggest to Large though....

http://www.rei.com/product/830743/quixote-flannel-pillowcase

I just bought a cocoon pillow and really liked it this spring when bear hunting. Light at 4 oz but packs up smaller than anything i have found! Flannel on one side and you just blow it up.

http://www.rei.com/product/766035/cocoon-ultralight-air-core-pillow

Love that pillow. My brother and cuz have one too...they are awesome.