Pimples (yes really) :)

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so I noticed I get pimples were my harness rides on my shoulders and chest. Also after a long weekend without a shower hiking in the mountains my face has broke out. Anyone else have these problems?

I get pimples on my lower thighs and knees. Its because sweat rubs and clogs the pores. No big deal man just pop those bad boys when you get out!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
funny thread.

Yeah, sometimes I break out on the forehead (hatline) after a few days in the backcountry.

Gives you something to do when bored. :) Vice-Grip needs to make a zit head for the jaws or an all-in-one complete with nose hair trimmers, nail clippers and dingle berry/tick removers.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I know you guys are super hardcore, ultralight and all that but wet wipes go along way :) You know at home how you wash your face and brush your teeth at bedtime....well you can have nearly the same level of hygiene even when you backpack :)

Costco sells the daily facial cleansing towelettes in a big box which includes a bunch of packets of 15 each...they don't weight much, and are nice for washing up in the evening. I do my face, hands and anywhere else that got sweaty or feels gross. The regular wet ones work ok too, but the ones made for faces seem to do a better job of cutting the oil, which is what clogs pores and causes zits.

hodgeman

WKR
OK....we've had "manscaping" threads, now zits on the chest and thighs.....

first thread about "monkey butt" and we're voting somebody off the flippin' island! Lol!

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hand sanitizer works well too. I also like adult baby wipes. You can take a bath with those bad boys.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Wipes....

Once two friends of mine where hunting. Friend #1, and owner of the truck, usually had a container of baby wipes in the vehicle. He was a father with three young children. Friend #2 returned to the truck one afternoon and felt the urge to go do what the bear does in the woods. He grabbed a few of the "baby" wipes from the container and went forth. A short while later the sound of sudden inhaling, followed by screaming of enough volume to bring down the remaining leaves from the trees was heard. Friend #2 eventually returned from his adventure and looked to see exactly what brand of baby wipes friend #1 was carrying in his truck. Lysol orange disinfecting wipes. Seems all the kids were finally out of diapers.... :)

Last edited:

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I know you guys are super hardcore, ultralight and all that but wet wipes go along way :) You know at home how you wash your face and brush your teeth at bedtime....well you can have nearly the same level of hygiene even when you backpack :)

Costco sells the daily facial cleansing towelettes in a big box which includes a bunch of packets of 15 each...they don't weight much, and are nice for washing up in the evening. I do my face, hands and anywhere else that got sweaty or feels gross. The regular wet ones work ok too, but the ones made for faces seem to do a better job of cutting the oil, which is what clogs pores and causes zits.

Never leave home with them!! When I was about 12, we were on a family camping trip and I had some "issues" and my step mom handed me some wet wipes (my brother was 2 at the time). Anyway being the "cool" 12 year old I was, I was hesitant at first but finally caved...and THANK YOU BABY JESUS!!! I still to this day get "baby wipes" in my stocking as a joke. They are a MUST!

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I use the charmin wipes for the #2, and scnet free germ killer type wipes for everything else. Also bring a few alcohol swabs for disinfecting ect....

All very light and very much appreciated when on the several day trips. Being raw in the tenders isnt fun.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
1. I use wetwipes, scent free of course.
2. I manscape before every trip, and honestly year round.
3. Shaving the chest means there could be razor burn, and the occasional pimple.
4. There is no solution, even with the wetwipes.
5. I haven't read manscaping or pimples on any other forum and why Rokslide is the best.

G Posik

WKR
I do not go any where without the wipes! They are a must. If is a little extra weight in the pack so be it. Like said you can clean your face, pits and ........

Glenn