Pin Size

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Ordering a new sight and have decided to go with the Black Gold pro sight. Im doing a 3 pin and the bottom pin is the slider. I am thinking of going .19 for my 30 yard pin, .19 for my 40, and then switching it up to the smaller pin at .10 for my longer shots. Anyone have experience doing this on a hunting rig?

HookUp

WKR
another vote for .10. It's hard to aim small when the pin is covering much of the target.

4ester

WKR
The .019, .019, .010 is exactly what I did with my Spot Hogg Fast Eddie custom. No regrets. Green, red, green pin color too. I set mine up 20,30,40 but I shoot an arrow around 600 grains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
If you are prone to target panic in any way bigger pins are better in my opinion. Smaller pins seem to amplify the movement in your float and can lead to punching the trigger.

Just something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mmanincor

Lil-Rokslider
I like .010 pins also. The older my eyes get, it can be a little challenging in lower light. I do wear bi-focals. So I need to spend a couple of extra seconds before releasing an arrow.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I never saw a point of going below 0.019. I really like 0.029 for all pins, but all of them at 0.019 are ok.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be running a five pin slider this year with the top three at .19 and the last 2 .10 with all pins green except the middle which is yellow.

I would do the last three at .10, but I spend a week hunting whitetails each year. I like the little bit of additional brightness for my pins out to 40 yards for the last thirty minutes of shooting.

My other sight is four pins with the top three .19 and the last pin .10. I did notice that I lost the last pin multiple times after sunset, especially if I was in a thicker area.

I don’t like the bigger pins covering more of the target at a distance.

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Black golds .10s are plenty bright so that's what I go with. Lots of good points above. Comes down to preference