Pine Ridge Nebraska Turkey or Black Hills South Dakota Turkey???

KurtR

WKR
I'm heading to SD soon- anyone hunted out there after May 15th when they open the service roads? Wondering how much the off road traffic effects the birds- not sure how much ATV traffic they get. Certainly will push them farther from roads but from hunting out there previously the hills are so densely gridded with forest roads its not like you can give the default ' get away from the roads and you'll find birds' type answer.

i was going to be there over Memorial weekend but scrapped that as figured the hills could be pretty busy given a holiday weekend
i have an it depends on how much snow is still there as to where you can get. While i was there the week before memorial day it snowed 2 of the 3 nights and then rained the other so no one was going any where. Now where turkeys are i have no idea as i never found any and suck at turkey hunting

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
i have an it depends on how much snow is still there as to where you can get. While i was there the week before memorial day it snowed 2 of the 3 nights and then rained the other so no one was going any where. Now where turkeys are i have no idea as i never found any and suck at turkey hunting
haha appreciate the honesty. I had no issue finding birds across the black hills in multiple states last year but the weather is stupid. It would go from nice and sunny, start pouring/sleeting/snowing, then back to sun. Roads would turn to absolute loon crap