Pine Valley Utah deer

Application has been submitted, I've got way more than enough points to draw . 1st time in the unit , we'll be on the later rifle hunt and looking for any useful information regarding the potential migration, hunter density, camping availability , areas that suck ect.

I'd be glad to trade information on Idaho OTC and controlled deer , elk and bear .

Pine Valley can be weird. Me and a couple guys were just talking about it last night. The weather may be a factor depending on when it gets colder and if we get early snow. I have been in areas and seen multiple bucks in 2 days then the next year not even one small buck to find. There are a lot of deer in the unit though. Plan to stay on the move until you find them. There are lots of areas to camp off most the roads.

In my experience, there will be A LOT of road hunters. Use google earth to find some tougher access and get away from everyone else. There are some really good deer there if you are willing to get away from the truck/UTV. The southern end of the unit has been producing some studs the last few years.

expect hunting pressure it's the Utah general, Ive never hunted Pine but have spent a lot of time in the Zion. All the units have big bucks but its going to take a lot of patience and time.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Bring glass and use it. I have glassed elk and mule deer all over the west and that country is incredibly difficult to glass. 15x on a tripod is ideal. Glass glass glass. You can literally look at the same spot for 10 minutes and a deer will just appear and then vanish.

OP
W
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm looking forward to the hunt . Keep it coming! Feel free to PM if you want to keep it between us.

Bsevans5

FNG
Did you end up getting any direction? I've been out a couple times and been unsuccessful since archery season started. Bummed because I saw some good bucks just a couple days before the hunt started. I'm not sure if I should keep going back in hopes they return or try somewhere else

swampdog

FNG
How did you end up doing on the hunt Weiser? I drew the early rifle tag and am really looking forward to it!

Edit: just realized that this was for this year. Did you end up drawing?