Pinkeye! I need a script for eyedrops while stuck in the backcountry.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'm backcountry hunting/camping near Island Pond Vermont. Any doctors on this forum that are willing to write me a script for some antibiotic drops to a pharmacy near island pond? The cell service isnt great here. Im from upstate NY and only have insurance through the VA and getting through to my primary takes an act of congress.
e89f0c9feff7cbcfc0521b85853130c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My friend had a similar situation. He left his insulin at home. we drove into small town in Central Cal. and the pharmacy contacted his Dr. and got it taken care of ASAP. Walked out with meds. in about an hour.

In a pinch, you can buy ofloxacin eye drops at the local pet store. Do your own research, but I think it's the same thing for humans and animals.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I hear there are some decent OTC treatments for Pinkeye. Might be worth a try.

Button

WKR
Definitely covid….

I once got some sap/latex from the euphoriba family of plants in my eye on a cross country road trip. Felt like the devil peeing in my eye socket.

With my one working eye I found $5 outside of the urgent care that was folded in a precarious way…it had a blue powdered drug in it. Went back to the doctors office it and tossed it in the trash a guy promptly went and picked it up. $5 was nothing in that state of pain I was in.
Gotta love big cities…

Unfortunately I knew more about the euphoria species than the doctor and informed him I literally had chemical burn on my eyeball.
I literally told my wife “don’t touch that plant”. Yup th

from one painful eyeball to another I hope it gets better.

Last edited:

92xj

WKR
My mother in law just went to the eye doc to get meds for her pink eye. Two days of treatment later and no change, maybe a tick worse. She went to urgent care, tested positive for COVID Urgent care said they have noticed a significant increase in COVID cases with the first symptom being an eye infection. Three days after eye infection symptoms started, mother in law was down for the count for 5 days, worst thing she’s ever dealt with she said. Serious story that just played out 3 weeks ago. All is well now with her. Also, she was vaxed prior to this event by a few months.

Hope not.
Let's not start to speculate on that one...

Ya, I was just bringing up because I didn't even realize viral conjunctivitis was a thing until Jan 2020. I got about as sick as I can remember, just real bad cold/flu thing where you know you just law low and treat symptoms, but then I got pink eye. And with young kids in the house I figured "welp I must have got poop in my eye too" so I went to urgent care but the doc said it was viral. Did write a script to treat symptoms of it. I know it's unlikely but I always thought I had COVID before COVID was a thing.

Sapcut

WKR
I highly recommend oil of oregano softgels for any infection. Never leave home without it. I have cured staph in like three days on several occasions with oregano. I would get that long before any script eye drops.

Rich M

WKR
LOL! My folks have a place up that way - spent many years fishing there, Island Pond, Spectacle lake, Nulheegan Rv, CT Rv, etc.

Go find you some colloidal silver. It will cure your pinkeye.

Enjoy the leaves!

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
TobraDex is good.

It's the anti-biotics plus the tobra-blahblahblah steroid in it as well. So gets the pain and itching away really well.

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
This thread deserves an update. I just finished my hunt. It wasn't really crusting over. I came back home for my potential hernia surgery consult and the surgeon did me a solid and checked it out. He was like, yea you busted a blood vessel pooing in the woods.

This thread deserves an update. I just finished my hunt. It wasn't really crusting over. I came back home for my potential hernia surgery consult and the surgeon did me a solid and checked it out. He was like, yea you busted a blood vessel pooing in the woods.

That is epic. Congrats on your achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk