Pinwheel Archery Software

ElkRGR75

FNG
I have previously used archersadvantage.com to assist with my arrow builds, but considering using Pinwheel. What are the pros and cons each? What is your preference and why? Thank you for your time and assistance!

If you do the pinwheel phone app "qspine" save yourself some trouble and just buy the additional options immediately which ends up being about $10 or $12, after that I think it's more accurate and usable than archers advantage. If you don't buy the extra modules it really doesn't work.

I used the Pinwheel phone app, $1 for a useless trial was weird and each feature costs more in the app to use various things. Before installing reading the reviews it seems the author is a bit snide replying to all the negative reviews which is a turn off. I paid for it anyway and it calculates my setup pretty spot on, doesn't seem to do too well with my wife's setup. I plugged in her exact stats of what she's currently shooting and it's way off on arrow weight and FPS.

bat-cave

WKR
I use Pinwheel (Software for Archers Xpert) on my Mac and am very happy with it. Easy to use and tweak setup's to see how the changes impact Spine etc ... Very easy to use and support has been good with a few issues that I have encountered.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Pinwheel phone app, $1 for a useless trial was weird and each feature costs more in the app to use various things. Before installing reading the reviews it seems the author is a bit snide replying to all the negative reviews which is a turn off. I paid for it anyway and it calculates my setup pretty spot on, doesn't seem to do too well with my wife's setup. I plugged in her exact stats of what she's currently shooting and it's way off on arrow weight and FPS.
Agreed. It seems to be as accurate as the inputs you make. And the author is a bit of an ass, when someone has negative to say it seems like he just says well don't be dumb, rather than admitting he doesn't want to fix glitches or that he's a shitty software designer.

Agreed. It seems to be as accurate as the inputs you make. And the author is a bit of an ass, when someone has negative to say it seems like he just says well don't be dumb, rather than admitting he doesn't want to fix glitches or that he's a shitty software designer.
yea they didnt have sonics yet with the 2022 update for some reason but other than being a little finiccky its been spot on for every setup i've had the last 5 years and i would recommend

If you do the pinwheel phone app "qspine" save yourself some trouble and just buy the additional options immediately which ends up being about $10 or $12, after that I think it's more accurate and usable than archers advantage. If you don't buy the extra modules it really doesn't work.
I installed this yesterday for $1 right before leaving for a family event so didn't spend too much time looking at it. But I played with it for a few minutes and it definitely seems like something is missing.. theres some buttons that say "placeholder" and some functions that either don't seem to work.. or maybe just don't work the way I was expecting.

Now that I came across this thread this morning I am guessing the issue is I need to spend some more money to make the app "complete"?

I installed this yesterday for $1 right before leaving for a family event so didn't spend too much time looking at it. But I played with it for a few minutes and it definitely seems like something is missing.. theres some buttons that say "placeholder" and some functions that either don't seem to work.. or maybe just don't work the way I was expecting.

Now that I came across this thread this morning I am guessing the issue is I need to spend some more money to make the app "complete"?
Yep. There's a little shopping cart icon. Id recommend whatever gives you the arrow database, and the ability to save at least 1 user record

sad_story

FNG
Anyone still using SFAX? Their website is down and the software seems hung up on the license check ...

kskanne

FNG
Mine has been out for several weeks. Started by loading splash page then locking up. now wont load at all. No internet page available. No response to multiple emails. Im guessing they folded.
Switched to Archers Advantage, quick question any one know why the AA spine setup does not get anywhere close to SFAX's with same parameters? I cant imagine the algorithm's are that dissimilar.
Thanks

Mine has been out for several weeks. Started by loading splash page then locking up. now wont load at all. No internet page available. No response to multiple emails. Im guessing they folded.
Switched to Archers Advantage, quick question any one know why the AA spine setup does not get anywhere close to SFAX's with same parameters? I cant imagine the algorithm's are that dissimilar.
Thanks
It has been a long time since I used AA, but I recall it having bugs that would cause some parameters (e.g., draw weight, shaft length) to revert back to their default/starting value when you changed some other unrelated parameter. Double check all your input parameters any time you run a spine calculation. I agree that AA and SFAX/Pinwheel should match pretty closely on spine recommendations.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have had both AA and the Pinwheel and preferred pinwheel but this year it would not show any of the new bows. I contacted Larry (this is not the first, second or fifth time) and he said if I had the current version it should be fine. It was the current version and it was not showing me current products.

I was able to use a past bow with similar specs and get an accurate tape BUT it is dissapointing that PW has slid this far. Archers Advantage has never gave me the same quality of sight tapes otherwise I would not continue to buy PW.

There is a huge opportunity for a business here is someone is looking.