Pistol Carry with MR Sawtooth

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a new way to carry my XDm 10mm while hunting. I have a drop leg rig and I hate it. I do not think I would like a chest rig and I do not want to attach the holster to the hip belt itself because I ditch my pack a lot while hunting. I know this is very picky but I have narrowed it down to using some sort of platform that is hip carry but brings the weapon below the hip belt. I have found the Blackhawk UBL, the Gunfighters Inc microaggression panel, and the Gcode optimal drop pistol platform. Any one have input on these platforms? What kind of holster would you get to attach to these platforms? Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

OXN939

WKR
I am looking for a new way to carry my XDm 10mm while hunting. I have a drop leg rig and I hate it.

Yeah ditch that drop leg holster for sure. Great for mall ninjas, poor for traveling more than about a hundred yards. Safariland QLS is a pretty good system. I'll have my G20 in one in Alaska this fall. Still close to hip level, but gets your pistol below the level of most waist bands.

+1 on that safariland stuff. They have a part called a UBL for $20 that can attached directly to most Kydex holsters with a three bolt pattern. If you want a solid holster with retention, their als and sSL options are great. Blade tech makes some good stuff too.

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. The Safariland stuff confuses me with all the adapters and what not. Which holsters will even attach to that setup?

Yeah ditch that drop leg holster for sure. Great for mall ninjas, poor for traveling more than about a hundred yards. Safariland QLS is a pretty good system. I'll have my G20 in one in Alaska this fall. Still close to hip level, but gets your pistol below the level of most waist bands.

That is actually pretty cool. May have to look into that more. Was going to try a chest rig in conjunction with my bino harness as it will always be on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Low ride UBL with a QLS and whatever Safariland holster you want. I use a Safariland 578 GLS as the holster on the low ride ubl with the QLS attachment for my SG X-Curve. Works perfectly. Low enough to clear the belt, canted out enough to clear the belt on the draw and damn near where you carry on a duty belt.

I’m doing this all with a 4.5” XDm in 10mm as well.

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Low ride UBL with a QLS and whatever Safariland holster you want. I use a Safariland 578 GLS as the holster on the low ride ubl with the QLS attachment for my SG X-Curve. Works perfectly. Low enough to clear the belt, canted out enough to clear the belt on the draw and damn near where you carry on a duty belt.

I’m doing this all with a 4.5” XDm in 10mm as well.
Thanks. Do you have any pictures of the setup?

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. How is the draw if there is no leg strap? That is my big hang up as to whether to go with that setup or the gunfighters.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Its pretty damn good, there is enough slack that it moves a little bit but there is no leg slap when you're walking, hiking or moving. It's secure enough to move with and draw from with confidence though. The drop flex adapter is super floppy by comparison (I attempted to affix one to the pack belt, bad idea). I'll see if I can think a video of the draw with it as well. What pictures would you like?

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Just how low it goes and drawing would be awesome. Do you use the low or mid ubl? Also any thoughts on the qubl vs the ubl with the qls adapter or the vubl?

I actually run the MR holster and really like it. I've run it for two years when hunting elk in Grizz country and been very happy with it. Not super beefy, easy to remove, doesnt break the bank but is also not as "secure" as a lot of other options people have mentioned above as well as on previous threads. Not the best money can buy but certainly works and I feel very confident in having it on my waistbelt

Does anyone just put a Galco on their belt and have it resting outside the MR belt? I don’t mind it too much except when it can catch the pistol grip taking the pack off.

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help. Any one use the blade tech and their drop and offset attachment? Much cheaper than safariland

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the lateness in getting back to you. Work was tiring lol C76E1BA1-98CE-4CFE-9202-EE9522901DF6.jpeg2ECDF895-C20D-4A87-934B-32AB73AE1997.jpeg0BBC7EE4-5E59-443D-8EDA-234E84498EAD.jpeg

this is the only way I’ve run it so I can’t comment about the other options. As you can see I could likely get away with a mid ride BUT when the pack is loaded down and I’m tired I don’t want it to slide back and impede my draw.When sitting it just hangs a smidge low and is something to just be aware of, it’s not pushing me cause the barrel is stabbing down or anything. I do have a video I can post of a very rusty draw cycle as well. Shows where the movement in the system is.

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Thank you very much. Do you have any issues with snow or anything getting in the barrel while sitting? I sit down to shoot with sticks and obviously to glass. And Go RED WINGS!!!!!!