Pistol Reloaders - Help Me Out - 9mm/10mm

TheGDog

WKR
Not sure. 10 mm auto correct?
Yes P.227, 3rd section down, last line on that section in for Win231.
Start grains listed as 5.4gr, "Never Exceed" listed at 6.2gr.

And yeah... double-checked and for .380acp for 80gr Barnes X it's 2.4gr low and 2.7gr as "Never Exceed" for Win231

TheGDog

WKR
Not sure.
Well that's an XTP so it's not copper, more dense, so it likely doesn't descend into the case as deeply since the lead is more dense than the copper, therefore doesn't need to be as long. So therefore more volume to begin with which gives it a little more room for the gases to expand before the pressure reaches that too high of a value. That'd be my thinking anyway.

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds plausible, some of those pistol powders are kind of a pain. Small flaky and such a small charge weight . Last pistol I loaded for was a 45 acp/long colt convertible for my son. It had been so long since I’d loaded for pistol I had to read the die instructions lol. I used to shoot/reload a lot of handguns and even competed a little bit so was kind of funny how much slips away after time.

willdiam

FNG
I've always preferred the 9mm caliber over the 10mm one. The ease of finding accessories and customizable options gives it an edge over the 10mm. There is also a much wider choice on the market for the 9m, such as more handgun options and more available bullet types. I usually get my 9mm from https://elementarmament.com/product/aero-precision-lower-parts-kit/, and they come with an aero precision kit, which you can't find for the 10mm. The 10mm is also way more expensive, and there is less ammo variety and fewer handgun options. Even if it's very powerful, it's not the right choice for me.