Place your bets: Glock market in 2 years

Beendare

WKR
Another enabler here.

My G20 could be my favorite Glock....and thats cheap....so cheap, I'm suspicious. Is it stock...or has someone been tinkering with it?

I'm no fan of the compact though- too much cartridge for that little handle.

If its been messed with, Glock has a program where you bring it in and for minimum cost they will bring it back to stock.

OP
Dos Perros
Guys I messed up. The G20 was actually $498. My brain effed me and I remembered $439. I bought it anyway. The dealer says it’s new although I am the second owner (his father in law bought it and decided he didn’t want it). Not sure if it’s been fired. Don’t care really. Had the box and extra mag and loader and cleaning kit and all that.

Rob5589

WKR
498 is still a good deal. I paid 475 new but, I can buy blue label thus saving some bucks.

OP
Dos Perros
Personally I really like my G29, I did add a mag extension to it which adds a little length that is nice but I still liked it without but at those prices get the G20. If you want to shoot 220gr hardcasts you’ll be replacing the barrel on either anyway.

Why do I have to replace the barrel? How much does that cost?

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Great deal on the Glock. In the handgun world Glocks are the closest thing to a commodity. They will never go up crazy money but they also hold their value well. I'm curious on what Generation you got. For my hands I much prefer the "Short frame". All of the Gen 4s are short frames but the Gen 3s it must be labeled SF.

tdhanses

WKR
Glock barrels do not have standard rifling in them, 200gr shot fine but 220gr tumbled. I went with a Lone Wolf barrel, think it was just over $100, been a about 5 years since I bought mine so prices probably have gone up. Super easy to change out yourself.

TBHasler

WKR
I’d get the G20. 10mm ammo is about all that cam be found on the shelf around here now. I really like mine.

This...only Glocks in stock I’ve seen at Scheels in Dallas area are 10mm and about only handgun ammo in stock has been 10mm.
Road trip to N TX and stock up.
Also, their pricing on the G20 new has been in the $550 range
Enjoy your new gun(s)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR

td covered it, but I'll add a little more. They have polygonal rifling, not lands and grooves.

Hardcast will lead a Glock barrel and you have to be aware of it and clean them more often. It can create a pressure problem if you don't clean it often. Not all lead badly, so you have to monitor it and see in yours.

Many just swap to a new barrel with standard rifling and don't worry about it after that.

Jeremy

Last edited: