Planned hunt with new baby coming

GotDraw?

WKR
Perhaps hire a trusted sitter for 2-3 hrs a day to either watch the kids while she does a workout, or to cook or clean. Just something to take the load off her for a spell.

JL

I'm kind of in the same boat. Found out my wife and I are expecting in late October, so that pushed me from a rifle hunt to an early September archery hunt. She's telling me to go, but you can't help but think it's a trap haha. I'll have a little over a month ahead of the due date to try and get it done. I can already feel the clock ticking!

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
I was in this position last year. Our baby was born a week before opener.... I live about an hour away from from where we hunt. I hunted more days last year than i ever have in a season last year. A different kind of season for me tho, didn't do any overnighters, back at home every night to spend the night with momma and the new babe. A lot more messages via sat communicator with her during the "day".
Dont think i could/would spend a week apart with a fresh little one. As others have stated tho, you know you and your wife. If you can both make it work, send it!

I just went through the same this past fall. I had a late oct rifle elk hunt, my son was due December 5th. After complications for two weeks he was born October 22nd, seven weeks early. That was the day I scheduled to leave for the hunt. My wife still tried to get me to go after the baby was born cause she knew I had put so much into preparation. If I could do it again, I would’ve just canceled. The timeline of it all was too stressful. Hopefully I can draw again this year.

Gotitbad

FNG
I work 70 days on 70 days off. so gone 1/2 the year. Wife is a trooper so I make everything on the honeydo list is caught up and go for it.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
In my opinion - The problem in todays world isn’t that we want to go hunting each fall for days/weeks at a time and provide the best meat on the planet for our families. The problem is grandparents aren’t helping out as much as older generations once did, whether it be because they live far away, they are just lazy, or wives are too controlling over how to do this and that and they fight with the grandmas lol. My grandma helped raise me 40-50% of the time. Now we are almost entirely on our own raising our daughter for various reasons (excuses). And I see the same with other friends.

OP
J

JFK

WKR
Haven’t seen or thought about this thread in a while. At the end of the day, I decided to put in for the tag. We have three different grandparents willing to help every day Im gone.