Planning 2020 Elk hunting trip with my Father

I am working on gathering information and recommendations for 2020 Guided Elk Hunting trips with my father. We have talked about this for years and did go once together but it was a bust for a lot of random reasons. I have been thinking about going to Colorado, Wyoming, or Montana. I don't think I will have the preference points to hunt Wyoming but have been seeing that Montana is not as terrible to draw a tag. We are looking to spike camp or drop camp with a guide. We have been hunting and outdoors men for both our lives, but before he gets to the point where he can't do this I would like to take him on a hunt like this. Being we have only done this once on a private ranch of a friend or ours I don't think we are really that ready for a DIY trip. Any insite or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

You'd be staying in a cabin but Bear Mountain Outfitters outside of Kremmling, CO is an incredible outfit and reasonably priced.

FYI if you don’t want to hunt on your own you’re not looking for a “drop camp”. That’s when they provide a camp and drop you off on your own. You are looking for a 2 on 1 guided hunt. PM me and I can give you information on a Montana outfitter that does semi guided hunts. You get a guide on day 1 to show you the area and some tactics. You also have a cook to prepare your meals all week. They’ll help you with game plans every day too. You can save some money as long as you’re ok with doing some hunting on your own.

OP
R
Thank you all for the info, I had a a few people reach out to me and give me some good direction, I have several outfitters to reach out to and a better list to work off of. I really appreciate all the help!