Planning a MT Goat Hunt in BC i think . What outfitter ?

OP
matt1glenn
I have been doing the research and there is a quote for all the outfitters I have talk to with very few animals in a year they can take compared the price they have to pay use the land. All the outfitters I have talked to our BC res !

lee peet

FNG

I hope you dont believe everything used car salesman tell you to?

The BCWF had nothing to do with this deal. Like I said before this was a backdoor deal with the goabc and the government. However in 2007 a deal was made with all 3 groups and agreed upon. Neither group was totally happy with the deal but like all negotiations it was middle of the road for both groups. The goabc since then has wrangelled this back door deal.

There is always 2 sides to every story you should research both sides if you'd really like to know the whole picture. I'll post the actuall allocation percentage release later and you'll see that doesnt even match there chart.

But back to your goat hunt, I do hope you have a great hunt.

lee peet

FNG
I think this has gone a little off track. I simply wanted to know why axel was burned at the cross for voiceing opinions.Aron explained and I agree if he's a trouble maker on other forums.

I only wanted to give you the same information he was trying to in a peaceful manor.

The fact that goabc had to give a write up on there website claiming inoccence should raise flags that something big is going on in BC. Im not in anyway telling you not to come. However if you are planning a once in a lifetime hunt you might want to think twice about your timing. If you can afford to do this every year have at er man and good luck.

If youd likd to discuss the allocation policy in detail I'll happily call you and we can chat. Id have to write a book to get it all on this forum.

Trial153

WKR
I think this has gone a little off track. I simply wanted to know why axel was burned at the cross for voiceing opinions.Aron explained and I agree if he's a trouble maker on other forums.

I think the quote from your buddy that I paste below will sum it up nicely. If you want call that burning at cross... Well I guess you can take it that way, if your that convoluted. Hopefully youEnjoy lumping yourself in with the likes of him, but I don't think threats make many friends for your cause.

"That said, be aware that MANY resident hunters WILL be deliberately hunting, camping and just hanging out in various GO concession areas to legally disrupt hunts that these characters profit by and this may well impact on a hunt that you book in a negative manner. Food for thot,eh?"

lee peet

FNG
I think the quote from your buddy that I paste below will sum it up nicely. If you want call that burning at cross... Well I guess you can take it that way, if your that convoluted. Hopefully youEnjoy lumping yourself in with the likes of him, but I don't think threats make many friends for your cause.

"That said, be aware that MANY resident hunters WILL be deliberately hunting, camping and just hanging out in various GO concession areas to legally disrupt hunts that these characters profit by and this may well impact on a hunt that you book in a negative manner. Food for thot,eh?"

No im not agreeing with that comment. That is why I tried to set the record straight. I firmly believe that will not be happening and definetly not by me. Resident hunters in BC are very angry about this and obviously axel is letting his anger get the best of him.

Im just informing you there is a problem what you do with that info is completely up to you.

lee peet

FNG
And I dont know axel any better than I know you, I dont even know his real name. Just for the record.

yama49

Lil-Rokslider
I honestly think if 5 people contacted arron about this, they should get some diapers. How u going hunt 14 days in the wild? Cause a guy says something on the internet, hurts your feelings:cool:
There are issues going on in bc, I don't agree with everything he said,and your welcome in bc. Head to the NW for big goats, choose your outfitter wisely, i heard that can make, are break a hunt.(never been guided)Either way the adventure should be a blast

OP
matt1glenn
I just want to hunt in GODS country for the best goats in the world= BC . None of these comments hurt my feelings and I have to use a guide if I want to hunt there no choice same if I wanted to hunt in kodak . I do not use GUIDES in the states , I put on a pack and my bow and I go after it ! It looks like your providence is no different then our non res sates , does not make it right just makes it what it is.

OP
matt1glenn
I have found what I need from PM 'thanks ( most res of BC , and not the ones that posted on here) this post is done

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I am a BC resident. The back door deal was Brutal and hunters are outraged. For most of us...this fight is with the government. I and NO one I know would ever interfere with someone's hunt. We are very thankful for the opportunities provided to Non residents by Americans. Not that I need to go anywhere being a BC resident lol but keeping the doors open is the point. Enjoy your hunt and I hope you find a good outfitter.

Heres some links to some of the outrage from the other side ( not the guide and outfitters website)

http://residentpriority.ca/

http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/

OP
matt1glenn
Thanks now that is much better way to put it then threats that i just got by a personal email from the one that just got booted.

OP
matt1glenn
Just looked at them it is almost the same as it is for our hunts . Example is most west states even if you are a res it might take 20 years to get a tag however if you have the money you can buy landowner tag that is anyone can get the tag you could buy it as easy as me. I'm sure a BC res could buy a tag from a outfitter like we can . I'm not saying this is right and do I think this should change in both US and in BC yes it prob should. I'm just saying it is the same thing if you guys came here but we are not trying to threaten any one or call any one a %$&* because there feelings are hurt. Well I don't really care if some one wants to bully me does not really bother me and I'm sure they would not in person ! lol anyway. Us hunters and conservationist should be all getting along we have a more worth while fight and that is anti hunters ! Have a good day.

OP
matt1glenn
Thanks for those that have given me constructive info , I don't planning on going on a hunt for away so still up in the air . However since I again keep getting threatened by a former member that " US hunters should stay out of country " lol and " I will meet you off the plane in Vancouver when you get here " lol I'm going to be the gentlemen here and be done with this . I have what I need .

idig4au

WKR
Don't rule out SE Alaska for a good goat hunt as the there are some good genitics there and plus you don't have to deal with Customs at the border.

I was in sane situation as you in that I was planning to go to BC for my goat, but changed tactics and ended up SE Alaska for my billy. PM if you needed any particulars

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for those that have given me constructive info , I don't planning on going on a hunt for away so still up in the air . However since I again keep getting threatened by a former member that " US hunters should stay out of country " lol and " I will meet you off the plane in Vancouver when you get here " lol I'm going to be the gentlemen here and be done with this . I have what I need .

That is just messed up. I hope you end up coming to Canada and shoot a nice goat. I'm not a B.C. resident but those guys still have it better than the rest of the country ever will. Enjoy your stay in Canada.

jm1607

WKR
That is just messed up. I hope you end up coming to Canada and shoot a nice goat. I'm not a B.C. resident but those guys still have it better than the rest of the country ever will. Enjoy your stay in Canada.

X2

**** that guy.. He changed my mind, I'm goin to BC now!