Planning an antelope hunt around school starting

DMurphy

FNG
My daughter has recently expressed some interest in our taking an antelope hunt. She is in college, so this would need to be either before September or during Thanksgiving break. Any recommendations for states to consider or outfitters to contact? I am a midwestern deer hunter with limited experience with hunting in the west.

stonewall

WKR
You can go to New Mexico in August - landowner tag with an outfitter (unless you know someone).

I took my daughter to Wyoming on her fall break from classes during October (she had 2 days off classes plus the weekend).

OP
DMurphy

DMurphy

FNG
You can go to New Mexico in August - landowner tag with an outfitter (unless you know someone).

I took my daughter to Wyoming on her fall break from classes during October (she had 2 days off classes plus the weekend).
Thank you for this. I will start my research there.

I’ve hunted in wyoming twice and had a tag in NM that got wasted because I had to evacuate due to a hurricane and didn’t get to go. Wyoming’s season is late September and goes through October IRRC. Just did an elk hunt in NM and the outfitter I believe said landowner tags/season are both August and September.

The outfitter in new Mexico runs 2 day hunts at 100% success and I believe the outfitter in Wyoming does 3 day hunts that are 100% success (I’ve always done combo mule deer hunts in Wyoming and we are goat hunting the last day typically after grinding for 4 days to get 2 deer and have filled the goat tags easy in 1 day). Can pm me if you want the outfitter names. You aren’t going to kill 75 inch goats with either but going to have double digit bucks to pick from and nice lodging , meals, honest set ups etc