Plano sportsman's trunk

DroptineDC18

Lil-Rokslider
I have two of the 108 QT size. I keep them in the garage in the off-season and use them to pack hunting gear in season. I never have them exposed to the weather really butt I don't think they're designed to be water or air tight. There aren't any seals on the lid. That being said, the lid is pretty deep and well-seated, so it will probably keep rain out under most conditions.

I think these are perfect for the price point. They even have wheels to make it easier to drag across the floor. They seem a little flimsy, but I've chuckled them around for three years now and no damage. They're also stackable by nesting the bottom into the lid below and have tie downs on all four sides.

Plano, if your reading this, I should get 5% of any sales from this sweet pitch I just made...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I do the exact same thing as this and it works great!

Brianmp01

WKR
Man do you guys drag those down a dirt road, mine has been in the bed of my truck for 6 months filled with gear unsecured and it just dirty. They are like 2 years old.

OP
D

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Man do you guys drag those down a dirt road, mine has been in the bed of my truck for 6 months filled with gear unsecured and it just dirty. They are like 2 years old.

There definitely seems to be two camps on these boxes so far: 1) those who think they’re perfect for the price; and 2) those who’ve experienced breakage and recommend something tougher. I’m having difficulty reconciling the two experiences.

cman79

FNG
Years ago I used the Plano bins for storing & moving hunting clothes to / from the truck. Mine had broke wheels and the hinges popped loose when closing them up. I’ve since switched over to a brand of bin called Iris USA. They have a handful of sizes but the 82qt bins I have are much stronger. They weren’t as cheap but going strong for 5+ years.

OP
D

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago I used the Plano bins for storing & moving hunting clothes to / from the truck. Mine had broke wheels and the hinges popped loose when closing them up. I’ve since switched over to a brand of bin called Iris USA. They have a handful of sizes but the 82qt bins I have are much stronger. They weren’t as cheap but going strong for 5+ years.
Nice. Lowe’s sells the 82qt for $32.99 right now. That’s actually cheaper than the Plano 108qt. This is what you're talking about? https://www.irisusainc.com/remingtonr-87qt-82l-heavy-duty-weathertight-storage-trunk

Last edited:
OP
D

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies, folks. I'm truly grateful. I ordered 2 of the Iris/Remington 82 quart boxes from Lowes for less $30 each after mil discount.