Plans changed & would like to hunt elk this year

rgrx1276

Lil-Rokslider
If I wanted to hunt and didn't need antlers, I would buy a LOP anywhere in a New York minute for 750.00 and go hunt. It was my back up plan this year until I drew a bull permit.

Rangerpants

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what you ended up deciding on, if anything? I am doing the UT any-bull tag for about the same reasons you gave. I bet application season timing with this whole mess buggered up a lot of people's plans...

OP
K

krojemann

WKR
Curious what you ended up deciding on, if anything? I am doing the UT any-bull tag for about the same reasons you gave. I bet application season timing with this whole mess buggered up a lot of people's plans...
Sounds like we are headed back to CO. Going to a spot we went 5 years ago. It's deep back on public that we have permission to access through private, so we didn't see a single person. And saw some really big bulls. But it is steep & rough. And the water is on private, so you have to catch them in between since they bed on public. We are in the midst of coming up with a new plan on how to hunt them. 5 years ago we tried to carry a weeks worth of water & backpack in. Now we are planning for how we can camp closer to water & hunt out from camp. Wasn't our first option, but our choices were limited.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk