Plantar fasciitis

gchs4464

FNG
Need some recommendations on insoles. Or is it worth getting custom insoles for my feet made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOOD5045

FNG
I think it depends on how bad your feet are. My feet used to hurt after about a 1/2 hour of walking around town without aftermarket or custom insoles. Custom fit orthotics were a game changer for me. With customs, I can walk all day without the usual pain. These days I can get away with Superfeet or my customs. My customs are what I use when hunting or running a pack. I would see if your insurance would cover some or all of the costs.

Good luck

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Have heard food things about Superfeet but I run customs. Insurance paid for a good part of them. I

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Just getting over it thanks to my custom insoles.......tried gutting it out for first 4 months, and when I finally saw the podiatrist and got custom insoles, it took Only a few days to start the regression.

I BATTLED plantar fasciitis for about 6 years in my left foot and tried literally everything. Icing, physical therapy for my calf, acupuncture, steroid injections, anti-inflammatory creams, CBD, lacrosse ball rolling, frozen baseball rolling, everything.

I’ve had a few pairs of custom orthotics made but until I found podiatrist that specializes in athletes they never seemed to help. My podiatrist showed me how the other orthotics that were made for me didn’t truly SUPPORT my foot.

She made me new orthotics and coincidently i had foot surgery on my right foot around the same time and ended up being in a surgical boot for about 12 weeks. I think the combination of GOOD orthotics and the 12 weeks of resting my left foot finally put my PF to rest.

I was running about 15-20 miles a week and rucking about 10 a week pretty consistently during that entire 6 year period so my feeling is that it had more to do with the rest.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post I’ve always heard dudes say “you can’t spend too much on your feet” when talking about buying high dollar hunting boots but I rarely hear anything investing much in your foot HEALTH. And I’ve got some messed up feet. Haha

Mawgie

FNG
I tussled with PF for a year or so before it finally quieted down. I tried custom molded orthotics, but found them no better for me than quality insoles such as Superfeet. I did find that wearing the dreaded boot at night to keep your ankle flexed/calf muscle lengthened while sleeping seemed to really help over time. Also, Brooks running shoes disagreed with my feet the least when the PF was really flaring up. Good luck working through it.

Phaseolus

WKR
Custom insoles along with stretching fixed my PF. I still use custom insoles in everything I wear, my feet are too valuable to me to do anything less.

Need some recommendations on insoles. Or is it worth getting custom insoles for my feet made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are my thoughts. If your getting planters you need to keep building those muscles in your foot and ankle. I started wearing a zero drop show everyday. I use Altras. Slowly the muscles built and I haven’t had the problem for over 5 years now. my two cents, don’t add to the same problem by adding more padding or support, add muscle and strength to do why your bkey was meant to do with very little cushion and support. Read the book “born to run" it explains this quite A but.

rbljack

WKR
Following. Ive had it bad since November when I did two back to back Mule deer hunts. The second one was a 4 day backpack style solo hunt with 55 pounds of pack/rifle/glass...etc. I've had it bad ever since. The fourth day of the hunt I really struggled to get moving in the morning and I could hardly walk. The trekking poles saved the day and assisted in getting me back to the truck. Sounds like an exaggeration....but trust me when I saw...its not!! I still have sore feet and its 4 months later....ive been stretching the calves, using ice water bottles, rolling my feet on golf balls, and taping my feet etc

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
I battled plantar fasciitis for over 10 years, had custom orthotics made and had my feet injected twice. That really hurts. Was at Mayo clinic for something else and was sent to a shoe store underneath Mayo. I bought some Sole insoles and had almost immediate relief. It didn't last but over a month it improved immensely. The insoles can be heat molded and have made a huge difference. They can be bought at Scheels on yoursole.com.
wmd

Stretch the calf muscles every day.

This is what I did every morning and although I battled it for 8 - 10 months it finally went away. There is a reason that getting out of bed it hurts the worst. The calf muscle is the tightest after sleeping so waking up and stretching that calf will ease the pain for the day.

THunt

FNG
Wear shoes when you get out of bed too. After the 2018 season my feet were a mess and I could barely walk in the morning. Lots of stretching and didnt go barefoot...still don't. And good, supportive boots for the 2019 season. The cost twice what my old boots cost but worth it

mnwanders

FNG
Every person's story seems to be different, here's mine... I battled with it for about 2 years about 15 years ago. It started with putting on too many miles running and walking in new shoes and boots after sitting on my butt for too long. For me, stretching my calves was key, especially doing it before I got out of bed and before taking my first steps (gently breaking up that nightly healing). I never had to resort to orthotics, though I considered it at my most desperate moment. Just grit, determination, patience and regular regimen of ice and stretching helped me. Of course a lot of that was also because I had zero dollars at that point in my life and I was way to stubborn to drop $300 on custom orthotics. After the pain went away, I have spent A LOT of time in bare feet and zero drop shoes for my daily activities. I have had ZERO plantar fasciitis since. However, I have had Achilles problems, so I guess you pick your poison. For me, a ruptured Achilles on one side and dull pain in the other was way easier to deal with than daily plantar fasciitis pain. But that also came with putting on too many running miles too fast in zero drop shoes. Bottom line, I think you can avoid insoles if you want but it requires stubbornness/patience. Best of luck to you.