Plantar fasciitus

Wearing crocs/slippers inside for your PF is a band-aid and doesn't fix the root problem. Funny how the things that cause our issues sometimes are also the things that give us temporary, easy relief.

Blackcow

WKR
Stretch your soleus! Headed out to go javelina hunting. If I think about it I’ll check back and explain. Had that shit for 3 fing YEARS!

Poser

WKR
If you can find a doctor that will do it, dry needling is a good option. Essentially, injuring (or reinjuring) the entire footbed will require your body to respond systematically (the entire foot) and will address the localized problem (PF). People Have used this method for centuries using ants and bees or even scorching the area with flame. SometimeS, this method is called “pin firing” and it can be quite painful. I finally got over PF by dropping all of the “protect the foot” advice and going barefoot and wearing shoes with minimal support, reinjuring the foot, experiencing some pain and forcing my way through it for awhile. You need to fully recover from this injury not “manage” the pain.

Hondo

WKR
I had it many years ago in both feet and cured it with a combo of stretches, Superfeet Green insoles and wearing Crocs around the house. Since then I have also been using some of the Meindl cork insoles, the Lathrop insoles in addition to the Superfeet without issues. I also have upgraded my footwear all across the spectrum and strongly feel that has contributed to keeping free from plantar fasciitis.

A couple of years ago I tore my Achilles tendon and my Podiatrist recommended using a Vionic Orthaheel insole in my Orthopedic boot during my recovery period. He said he likes the Superfeet for a non-custom insole but prefers the Vionic as it has a higher arch support. It is another to consider. I have pretty low arches so it took some getting used to but it helped me recover from the tear and I still use them in a pair of Hanwags.

Foot issues are highly personal and what works for me and the next guy might not work for you. The good news is there are many options out there and with perseverance you will likely find your feet huckleberry.

Beendare

WKR
Been there;
Realize its a 6 month to 9 month recovery best case....and thats if you actively treat and lay off it.

Insoles not only help you recover but also prevent PF. ....highly recommend them. You can try a few out of the shoe just stand on them on hard ground- you will know which is best. Customs are good but don't get hard foam ones.

Do yourself a favor and get some birkenstocks...THE BEST.

All of the treatments work; rolling on frozen water bottle, etc....but key is let it heal.

some folks I know deal with it & they were told to get some Oofos to wear at home. I think they make some shoes also if you can wear them at work

Coldtrail

WKR
I battled P.F. for a few years, did the recommended treatments and got on/off relief. Biggest and almost permanent fix for me was going to the lowest height boots I could wear in the woods and daily dose of Curamin for a month or so. I think the boots helped more than the Curamin, but my normal 12" boots I was wearing were pressing on my achillies and stretching the tendons on the bottom of my foot causing the flare up. Now I wear hiking boots rather than taller "hunting" boots, hike 5mi a day for workout and in the woods walking for hunting and work no issues for several years. Green superfeet in everything too

RHR280AC

FNG
Hey guys. Within the last year or so I have been battling this PF thing and though it has been frustrating
as all get out, the advice and recommendations on this post have been HUGE in helping me get over it.
I come from a military background and know the importance of taking care of your feet. So in closing
any one dealing with this, take the advice given above it DOES indeed work.

Hey Guys .... as a Doctor we treat PF quite regularly with very good success. We have developed both a rehab. strategy and preventative strengthening regime. I had horrible PF in my last year of college football so I feel your pain. Because we are on Covid lockdown I will build a post for everyone on here that should help for 80% of cases.

Hey Guys .... as a Doctor we treat PF quite regularly with very good success. We have developed both a rehab. strategy and preventative strengthening regime. I had horrible PF in my last year of college football so I feel your pain. Because we are on Covid lockdown I will build a post for everyone on here that should help for 80% of cases.
Would love to see this as I'm still managing mine, 6 months later.

I have battled it PF and it is not fun. I'm still expermenting with boots if softer sole/flexible is better than stiff sole boots. I have heard both cases.

Had it in both feet at same time and spent a ton of money on the custom insoles sold thru the Dr office. Waste of money. They didn't help in the least.

Stretching, ice bottles, tennis balls and rest helped.

Kotaman

WKR

would LOVE to see this. I’ve been battling a case since January and need it to go away so I can get serious trading for a sheep hunt...

Still battling mine in one foot, 8 months later... :(

Awful, awful injury. I could have broken a damn leg and recovered faster. Buddy of mine and I were talking hunting plans in CO this fall, and I'm like dude, I hope I can hike in far enough to get away from the sound of the road at this point.

Kotaman

WKR
One thing that gives me some instant relief is the Hypervolt Massager. But, I’ve got it bad now and have been to 4 hours of PT last week (graston, massage and stretching) and it seemed to get worse with the graston treatment. Heel raises, calf stretches and foot/calf strengthen is the key for me.

I had that problem for a while. Pretty sure mine was caused by a specific pair of shoes I was wearing a lot at the time. I tossed the shoes and used a pair of orthotic insoles for a while. It took a few months to go away completely but it did.

Axlrod

WKR
Had it more than 15 years. It never goes away, and I do not have the option of resting it, but i am pain free 95% of the time.
ICE
STRETCH-almost subconsciously many times a day from when your eyes open until they close.
For shoes i wear Keen mid length with the insoles they come with. I walk 5 miles a day on hard surface. Every 2 months i throw the Keens in the dumpster and put on a new pair.
Insoles for hunting boots, I know 30 minutes after putting on new boots if the insoles need to change. Have to try some different ones they don't all work for everybody. (superfeet made supper PF for me). When you find inserts/boots that work buy as many of each that you can.