Plasma protein questions??

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
My wife likes to donate plasma, she keeps getting shut down because her protein is too low. She eats intelligently, is drinking the peach protein from Costco and is in really good health. She is quite small in stature ( 5'2, 120). She exercises every day. Google basically gives you foods that are high in protein when asked. I understand that it takes quite a while for the protein to move from consumption to absorption. Any tips or experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. The folks at the center where she donates are basically college students that don't have a ton of expertise. That's why I'm asking here.

Thanks

I'll start with I don't know......

I have an idea; The Costco Premier drinks are a Milk protein. My body don't like milk, maybe your wife is similar and her body isn't absorbing the protein efficiently due to digestive tract not liking milk. Maybe try a plant based protein, or a lean meat as a protein source and see if she doesn't get better absorption.
Maybe her body just runs low blood protein levels?
Maybe have her discuss it with her doctor.

I found this (maybe nothing new for you):
https://www.livestrong.com/article/559382-how-to-get-protein-levels-up-for-plasma-donations/