Platypus bladder internal hanger for Stone Glacier

jherald

WKR
PU ripstop nylon for pouch and polyester tabs to slide into the internal tri-glides. It's a little crooked on the bottom but it's the first one i made. image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

CaseyU

WKR
Nice work j. I was actually practicing some sewing skills tonight i plan on making some similar toys

OP
jherald

jherald

WKR
I like it better than any of the packs i've had so far. When i first got it i had about 20 pounds in it to get it adjusted and fitted. Then i did a tester with 100 pounds and it impressed me. It handled that weight better than any pack i've had so far, better than kelty, alps, my air force ALICE, better than Eberlestock, and its such a light pack. I was hesitant when i first saw the pack but i was able to get mine from Kurt Racicot in person here in AK and he spent quite a bit of time explaining the pack in and out, i was sold on it from there. I've got the terminus and approach bags for my frame and they are both working out great. Bitterroot Bulls has some good video reviews on them and Kifaru on the Syone Glacier and Kifaru thread.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it better than any of the packs i've had so far. When i first got it i had about 20 pounds in it to get it adjusted and fitted. Then i did a tester with 100 pounds and it impressed me. It handled that weight better than any pack i've had so far, better than kelty, alps, my air force ALICE, better than Eberlestock, and its such a light pack. I was hesitant when i first saw the pack but i was able to get mine from Kurt Racicot in person here in AK and he spent quite a bit of time explaining the pack in and out, i was sold on it from there. I've got the terminus and approach bags for my frame and they are both working out great. Bitterroot Bulls has some good video reviews on them and Kifaru on the Syone Glacier and Kifaru thread.

Yes, I have seen those reviews and they have been great. I've also talked and emailed Kurt and he has been really good to talk with. You say that you have the approach and the terminus pack----do you use them separate or together as one pack. One more question, if you really went ultralight which I do, could you bivy out of the approach pack for a night or two?? I like the features on it and Kurt seemed to think you could as long as you didn't take too much. My initial thoughts are the approach and the solo packs but if I could bivy with just the approach, I would most likely to that. I don't need any kind of pack to pack meat out as I would go and get my horses although I may use it to pack out something boned out. Sorry for the questions but I've never had a chance to put hands on the pack.

Thanks again, Randy

OP
jherald

jherald

WKR
I got the approach as a day pack and to piggyback on the terminus in th event i take both to leave the the terminus at base camp and use the approach for my hunt/scouting and bivy out of it if i had to if i was away from base camp. It would work by itself, you'll just have to watch what you take with the approach alone, it will fill up fast.

OP
jherald

jherald

WKR
So i decided it needed a velcro strap closure to combat sag when the bladder is full in the pouch. image.jpg

Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
So i decided it needed a velcro strap closure to combat sag when the bladder is full in the pouch. View attachment 7153

Nothing like a good sewing machine. I make alot of gear myself as I've got a leather shop and a couple of industrial machines. Don't know how i ever would have gotten by without them. So, Stone Glacier it is. I think I saw on another post that you have one of the bino pounches made by FHF---is that the same material as the SG packs? I've got one of the pouches in mulitcam and its the best out there.

Randy

OP
jherald

jherald

WKR
Paul at FHF made one up in the same colors and materials as my SG pack. It's the best bino harness i've had yet. Had several before and this one just works better overall for me. And it's made by small cottage industry american business.