Platypus QuickDraw-poor flow

gradient

FNG
I unboxed my Platypus QuickDraw filter today. I really like the caps for the filter and the fill bag. The package and construction is far better than the sawyers I’ve been using the past few years.

I ran a liter through to “wet out” the filter cartridge as described in the instructions. After the wet out my flow rate remained horrible—a small trickle while really muscling the dirty bag (and a far cry from the advertised 3L/min). I ran about 10 L through it today and it has sped up to what I would consider to be a minimally useable flow rate, something like 0.5 L/min.

Googling found a few folks reporting this issue, but no solutions. Has anyone else run into this with the QuickDraw? I am going to try running some water through and flushing a few more times to see if it will continue to break in. I really like the package and construction, but this poor flow may be a deal breaker.

OP
G

gradient

FNG
I’ll be elk hunting for 10 days, I’ll report back if it gets any better. Seems like there is no info from the few folks who post having issues.

Randle

WKR
I just opened mine up after your post. Getting things ready .
I don't think you are alone . After the wet out it is still horrible , I unscrewed the outlet cap and it looks like solid epoxy or something. Need to email platypus, I have used their bottles for years so hopefully there is a reason for this.

kirmerw

FNG
Out of the box, after wet out, mine has done 25L with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gradient

FNG
I ended up sending it in to cascade designs. They said it was defective and are going to replace it once they have them back in stock.