Please help me identify this vane

PhillyB

WKR
Hi all-
Can someone identify the pink vane for me? It’s 3” long

I’ve added a purple blazer for reference.

Thanks

Attachments

• EA22B977-AFC1-4F81-BDAA-CC43A38F7F83.jpeg
    EA22B977-AFC1-4F81-BDAA-CC43A38F7F83.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 54

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That's not exactly like the SK300's that I had. Here's a pic of some SK300's fletched. You can see that the slope stops and then goes straight down to the base, whereas yours seems to slope all the way down.
100_2705.JPG

If you want something similar to either of those, I'd try the Q2i Fusion Xii 3" vanes as pictured here. They're the pink ones, along with the 2.1" and 1.75" which are both in a 4-fletch.
100_3754.JPG

That's not exactly like the SK300's that I had. Here's a pic of some SK300's fletched. You can see that the slope stops and then goes straight down to the base, whereas yours seems to slope all the way down.
View attachment 300568

If you want something similar to either of those, I'd try the Q2i Fusion Xii 3" vanes as pictured here. They're the pink ones, along with the 2.1" and 1.75" which are both in a 4-fletch.
View attachment 300570

Mine appear to go pretty well straight to the base, rather than short stopping. The sharp tip on the top rear of the vane is the giveaway to me.

FF SK-300.

Here's black on white for contrast.

IMG_20210621_113647946.jpg

JNDEER

WKR
View attachment 300568

View attachment 300570
You find any better stability long range with fixed heads using the 3” (3 fletch) over the 2.1” (4 fletch)?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You find any better stability long range with fixed heads using the 3” (3 fletch) over the 2.1” (4 fletch)?
No. They are both very equal in stabilizing and trajectory from my experience. I have both but just prefer the 2.1's........probably because those were the ones I had in blue. If the 3" were blue, I would have preferred those I'm sure. LOL.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mine appear to go pretty well straight to the base, rather than short stopping. The sharp tip on the top rear of the vane is the giveaway to me.
Are those newer SK's? The slope does indeed go all the way to the base. Good call. (y)

I still prefer the Q2i's just because how easy they fletch up, and keep their shape.

Are those newer SK's? The slope does indeed go all the way to the base. Good call. (y)

I still prefer the Q2i's just because how easy they fletch up, and keep their shape.

Don't know the age, I have had them for a year anyways, but I didn't purchase directly from flex fletch.

I really like the q2i's as well. They have a little wider base, I think the sk300's might be a touch more durable in terms of holding shape, they are also lighter. But both are great and I don't have a preference between the two really.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I really like the q2i's as well. They have a little wider base, I think the sk300's might be a touch more durable in terms of holding shape, they are also lighter.
My problem with the SK's was all the steps needed to fletch them......and they still had trouble sticking.......and the fact that after passing through a target the vanes stayed all wrinkled up. I'm a glue and go fletcher with no real prep, and I frequently shoot through targets. So I didn't care for them at all. That and they are the only vanes I've ever been able to hear as soon as the arrows left the bow.

My problem with the SK's was all the steps needed to fletch them......and they still had trouble sticking.......and the fact that after passing through a target the vanes stayed all wrinkled up. I'm a glue and go fletcher with no real prep, and I frequently shoot through targets. So I didn't care for them at all. That and they are the only vanes I've ever been able to hear as soon as the arrows left the bow.

I never prep the FF. That's why I like them. I find that when they get wrinkled in a target they will fix themselves usually in a few hours.

I'm with you tho, I'm not using a vane that takes multiple steps to get it to stick. I clean my shafts, then glue on the vanes.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You must have the new ones. The old ones were a bear and wouldn't stick without priming etc. And I had an arrow with the old ones that went through a target and got all wrinkled up. After 9 months sitting in my bow room and they looked the same, I finally took them off and refletched the arrow with different vanes.