Please help with Sitka

Hey guys. I have been looking at the sitka website for a while now and am having trouble picking out some pieces. I currently have the fanatic jacket for cold weather so I'm looking at some other items. What I am looking for is a vest and one of the hoodies or base layers to wear under it. Is there a piece I could wear early season (65-70 degrees) but then layer underneath to get me into the lower Temps (40 ish) before I add the vest and then the fanatic jacket? I'm open to EV2 camo or subalpine. I am mainly treestand hunting but am going out west for mule deer this October. I realize I probably need multiple pieces for this but I am looking for advice. I don't have any merino pieces so I was looking at the heavyweight merino layer possibly. The lightweight merino layer is much thinner from what I have heard. Maybe I don't want merino if I am not wearing it next to my skin? I appreciate any input - thank you.

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
Wear merino if next to skin, if your not looking for merino I would take a look at the core mid weight or heavyweight hoodys

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Fanatic Hoody is ALWAYS on me. Lightweight core zip and vest with that and you are very versatile.

+1 to both comments above,

Lightweight merino next to skin, fanatic hoody over the top of that. Extremely versatile, and especially if you're moving you will be warm down to fairly chilly temps

bozeman

WKR
Core lightweight next to skin and then fanatic hoody? Always wandered about the fanatic as next to skin.......guess that would be a ‘no’.

406unltd

WKR
Fanatic hoody with layers under when needed would be able to fill that gap.

gelton

WKR
For a mid-layer, I am a big fan of the traverse and picked up another one even though I didn't really need it for fear that it might be discontinued.

Dries

WKR
Of Subalpine I would think the Mountain Jacket for Windstopper in those warmer days and then adding in the Kelvin active Would work really well in the Treestand. Those are both surprisingly silent in the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Jetstream vest that I wear all the time in the fall, but not hunting. Just every day wear. Great piece. Provides core warmth and wind stopper.

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
For a mid-layer, I am a big fan of the traverse and picked up another one even though I didn't really need it for fear that it might be discontinued.
I second that, the traverse hoody is probably my favorite piece. With the heavy weight hoody coming in close second. I think the heavyweight would be borderline on the comfort at 70 degrees. Maybe a mid weight would be the sweet spot?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Stratus gear. T shirt under during warmer temps, layer for colder temps. Windstopper is awesome once the wind kicks up. More versatile than the Fanatic set.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk