Please make it stop!!!!

Shotshill

FNG
Guys, all this talk about hunting has me thinking about fishing... Ill be near you if youve got a suggestion on where my friends and I could head
for just some fun fishing. Not looking for your
spot but rather a spot.... Thx
71C2E780-2141-4641-953F-25FDE0A83FB0.jpeg

Hilarious thread guys... didn't read every post but the ones I did read were good. Next newbie to ask "which side of the drainage in what basin on the east or west slope of what mountain range in what state is there going to be a 300" bull September 1st" I'd just tell him that Florida got a few elk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
It’s the major reason I don’t come on the elk section any more of this forum, every time I do it’s I’m going out for elk in Idaho this September and just wondering what drainage the elk are in, in zone what XYZ. Once in a lifetime species that are hard to draw is where I draw the line anything else, grow some balls and go find out on your own, lord knows there’s a mountain of sellouts on YouTube telling you where to go find elk. Rant over 😉

jpkoepse

FNG
(From Experience) I am inclined to agree with those above stating that those posts often come more from excitement than from any form of intentions to "ruin a unit". My first post on this site was eerily similar to the ones many on this thread are describing, and i took offense when several others made those snide remarks on my post. Why? Because when i found this site, i found a place i felt like i could discuss a new-found passion with others who shared that passion with me. Over the past few years, i have come to learn the importance of protecting what we all care so much about, and understand why everyone gets so up-in-arms over these posts. I just don't agree with the way some on here go about expressing or explaining that to some new members. It discourages them from participating and participation is what makes this forum site great.

Best of luck to everyone on all their adventures in the crazy year of 2020.

Hey, interested in your binos if still available. Email me [email protected] if you still have them

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
I am that guy. No regrets. If it's an OTC or low draw unit, I don't even bother to ask. If it take more than 5 points, is that out of the question though? Because unit XX only has 10 hunters a year and you can only draw a tag every time Hailey's comet comes around, I think it's a fair question to ask.
f92c8ad69ee3f764ff9d9e2a0d574a8f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DrHogfan

FNG
New to elk hunting. Don't want to hike more than a mile, but prefer to be away from the crowds and rec users. Only have 3 days to hunt. Live in flat terrain back home, so nothing too extreme please. Would love to hear you guys' feedback. BTW, I am looking for your honey holes, and only want 300"+ possibilities. I appreciate your well meaning tips on style of hunting and realistic expectations, but my online elk hunting classes/youtube research have made me an expert, so I will continue with my original plan. I'm only here for the pin drops.....at least I'm being honest, right?

lsummey

FNG
This is a PSA for all “newbies”. Nobody is going to tell you where to hunt in your given gmu. We all want to know where the elk are. We all want to get away from pressure. We all are willing to hike in a few miles. None of us are looking for someone else’s honey hole. I think that covers it. Rant over.

I don’t know..... Some of you guys are awful crabby. I think the majority of the time they are just excited and looking for conversation.
Elk hunting is growing at a very rapid pace so there’s a big crop of newbs every year.

That being said you can definitely blame the elk hunting celebrities. E-scouting has been ranked as the most important thing you can do. Haha
LMAO Crabby Little babies Is right.......... They think there "COOL"

lsummey

FNG
Awwwwwwwwwwww it will be ok CUPCAKE. You keep thinking you're a "COOL" Well known rockslider LOL. By the way cupcake I have never asked where or do I want to know where anybody's "spot" Is.

hunterjmj

WKR
I have pretty close friends that I wouldn't tell where I hunt. We have a small group that hunt a few spots and it's kept secret. You don't hunt, scout and spend years finding good spots to give them away. Find your own area, put in the years and then you'll understand.

cnelk

WKR
I have pretty close friends that I wouldn't tell where I hunt. We have a small group that hunt a few spots and it's kept secret. You don't hunt, scout and spend years finding good spots to give them away. Find your own area, put in the years and then you'll understand.
Bingo