Please make it stop!!!!

Ucsdryder

WKR
This is a PSA for all “newbies”. Nobody is going to tell you where to hunt in your given gmu. We all want to know where the elk are. We all want to get away from pressure. We all are willing to hike in a few miles. None of us are looking for someone else’s honey hole. I think that covers it. Rant over...

Ratbeetle

WKR
My faborite is the old..."Hey guys. I put in for a unit this year that I've never been to and don't know anything about. To my surprise, I drew and now have no clue what to do next. Not looking for any honey holes of course, but could you point me to the elk. Not picky, I'd settle for a 300" bull. K thanx."

Clarence

WKR
Usually have 2 posts in the 2 years since they joined rokslide...and both posts fishing for unit info...ranting over as well, had to pile on a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
This is a PSA for all “newbies”. Nobody is going to tell you where to hunt in your given gmu. We all want to know where the elk are. We all want to get away from pressure. We all are willing to hike in a few miles. None of us are looking for someone else’s honey hole. I think that covers it. Rant over...
True, learning the land and finding animals on your own is half the fun of DIY hunting. If you don't like either of those then save your pennies and hire a guide.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of the above posts should include the word "Idaho"......
I guess when the vast majority of uneducated giant bull elk live in easy to access portions of Idaho your bound to get a few questions

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luckily it was not a question about GMU 54 or you might have been tempted to ask something similar yourself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Its how areas get ruined because if they find a good area they go back to whatever state and tell or bring a bunch of people then its never the same. What's the old saying "loose lips sink ships"? Well now its "loose lips ruin units".

JRMiller

WKR
My faborite is the old..."Hey guys. I put in for a unit this year that I've never been to and don't know anything about. To my surprise, I drew and now have no clue what to do next. Not looking for any honey holes of course, but could you point me to the elk. Not picky, I'd settle for a 300" bull. K thanx."
Hysterical 😂

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado units 25, 42,43,53,54,55, 62,65 and oh forgot 75,77,79. Fyi there are elk in all of these units. They all have some rough terrain. Temperatures will vary drastically in all these units. There is hunting pressure in all these units.

P Carter

WKR
Last year we ran across a group of 4 dudes from Indiana, decked head to toe in matching Sitka gear, looking like drowned rats. (It has snowed most of the week.) They hadn’t heard anything all week, we made a general comment to be kind, “Yeah, they’re starting to ramp up and get vocal.” The instant reaction from them was: “Where!!!” Just had to chuckle and shake our heads. Sorry guys, gotta put in the work.