Please make it stop!!!!

I drew a unit this year that took several points. I have pm'ed a couple of guys I know hunted the unit. I gave them a heads up that I would be reaching out once I have done my own research. I have helped several others on the hunting forums, but have never mentioned a unit number or even region on an open forum. Asking for help is fine. But you just can not blast it out in open. I have sent OnX pin locations of pronghorn water holes and kill site locations for elk to guys I trusted. I have been given great info also and have never "spread" that info. Give and take is great. Most of what I know about archery bow set up and tuning I learned on the internet!

marktole

WKR
See you all out there...and there will still be leftover tags after you guys "earn it". I'd ask that you let me know how it was when you are all finished up.

40.00859, -107.28056
40.07889, -107.26851
40.10460, -107.34624

I have a buddy who drew a tag here this year, it is his first year going elk hunting at all and with a bow. I will be sure to pass these along!

Gila

WKR
From what I have seen here, I believe it is necessary to lobby the state legislature to increase the outfitter pool while reducing the non-res draws. It appears that is the only way to save the resource and keep the hunting opportunity from declining. It's a shame that a few internet jockeys are ruining the hunting opportunity for everyone.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So where do you guys hunt....exactly.
I have a friend that’s looking for a spot.
He has a bunch of family members that want to hunt too...and they all have friends that want to hunt as well.
Please be specific.”, lol
You're such a bad ass elk hunter, you help your friend. You act like you were born with everything you ever needed to know and haven't needed help with anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're such a bad ass elk hunter, you help your friend. You act like you were born with everything you ever needed to know and haven't needed help with anything.

Buddy, I’ve gladly helped dozens of guys and gals, get bows/accessories purchased and all set up, tuning and form work, hunting gear, hunting help in general, and lots and lots of discussions about elk hunting and camp.

If any one of them asked if it’s ok to ask/post unit specific information on the internet, I’d say, heck no.
It’s poor etiquette and leads to myriads of trickledown issues, in my opinion.

Instead, do the research.
Narrow down some units.
Narrow down some areas within those units, and then features within those areas.
Put all the pieces together, and then approach someone with a lot experience, and ask them to take a look at your plan.
That’s DIY

I’m not a badass, and apologies for being insensitive to those seeking information.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
I’m kinda new to hunting. Someone else’s honey hole would be fantastic. I could even show my other new hunting buddies afterwards. Also please tell me exactly what gear to buy, not looking for comparisons but exactly what gear. Then where to go and what time.

thanks in advance

GregB

WKR
I’m kinda new to hunting. Someone else’s honey hole would be fantastic. I could even show my other new hunting buddies afterwards. Also please tell me exactly what gear to buy, not looking for comparisons but exactly what gear. Then where to go and what time.

thanks in advance
Buy the most expensive gear. The odds of success increase in relation to dollars spent. Also make sure everything matches. If it’s a fad then it must work.
Or budget, research get some quality stuff that you think will work for you. And don’t listen to me because I generally don’t know what I’m doing.

njdoxie

WKR

I think the person you’re responding to was kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
imagine being a member of a forum, that promotes knowledge transfer and then getting annoyed by uncouth inquisitive questions by a greenhorn, or questions that have been asked and you go out of your way to reply use the search function..

I’m guessing nobody here hasn’t googled “weapon/animal/state/unit ##” over a cup of coffee before and just read through the findings........ no definitely not...

If the elk were in your backyard how would you feel about it? How would you feel if you spent years and thousands of dollars in scouting and hunting time only to find some asshole has blasted your elk hunting all over the internet? Oh yea that's right you won't be hunting those areas again because you won't be drawing the tags. Who gives a rat's ass about some pellet fed, mushy brook trout plants.

I have spent years, and more time than most finding my areas, so don't preach. You act like I post it all over the internet which is the last thing I'd do. If you knew the lengths I went to keep my areas on the low down, you'd think I'm a hermit.

Anyways, relax, breath, enjoy life for what it is.

hunt1up

WKR
I've had guys on the forums help me out tremendously. I've also paid it forward and helped others with what I know and they've been successful too. Just PM each other and it's all good.

KHNC

WKR
Hell, my taxidermist told one of his clients i killed a lot of nice bucks in Kentucky a few years ago. This guy got my number and called me. Wanted to take "his kids" on a great public land whitetail hunt in Kentucky that fall. Actually wanted to come over to my house with MAPS!! Lost that call somehow. Mustve been bad service. Told my taxidermy guy i was gonna stop using him again if he did that anymore.

Gila

WKR
Hell, my taxidermist told one of his clients i killed a lot of nice bucks in Kentucky a few years ago. This guy got my number and called me. Wanted to take "his kids" on a great public land whitetail hunt in Kentucky that fall. Actually wanted to come over to my house with MAPS!! Lost that call somehow. Mustve been bad service. Told my taxidermy guy i was gonna stop using him again if he did that anymore.
that's a helluva way to drum up new business! I have found that really great taxidermists are like good farriers, generally too busy to take on new business or have really long wait times.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
This is a PSA for all “newbies”. Nobody is going to tell you where to hunt in your given gmu. We all want to know where the elk are. We all want to get away from pressure. We all are willing to hike in a few miles. None of us are looking for someone else’s honey hole. I think that covers it. Rant over...
Don’t worry I’ll hike 10 miles in SOLO, that should do the trick right?!