Please Welcome Back Hells Canyon Armory, Rokslide Sponsor

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

If you've been with us for a while, you probably have already seen Mike Johnson of Hells Canyon Armory (HCA) on the forums. He was one of our original sponsors and was with us for years.

He was away for awhile but that didn't mean he wasn't working on his business of building high-quality, very accurate, long-range rifles. He continues to perfect his craft and we're happy to have him back on Rokslide. He's very active on the forums and FB (Facebook), so he's easy to reach if you want to take your firearms game to a whole new level.

attachment.php

So please welcome HCA back to Rokslide and if you're on the search for some "fine iron," give him a chance.
Here's an article he wrote a while back that can help anyone get into the Long Range Game

Long Range Rifles for Hunting - Making the Right Choice

attachment.php

Last edited:

coop2424

WKR
Welcome Mike!! Mike just did a .280ai build for me and I can not be happier with his work! It shoots way better than the idiot behind the scope!!

Thanks for the introduction Robby! Rokslide has sure grown a lot!
For those of you that care to know a bit of history about HCA, I started it in 2012 as a precision rifle and tactical supply retail company. I built my first rifle in 2009 while still in college and was introduced to the precision rifle world and managed to make some long range kills and well as compete in the precision rifle world. In 2012-2013 with my mentor I started advertising for some custom rifles but was building on borrowed equipment in a shop located in Lewiston Idaho. Being a fresh college graduate I didn't have a ton of money to invest in shop equipment. Through various failures and successes I quickly realized I needed a shop and equipment of my own in order for the business to survive. I all but shut down the retail side of HCA and in 2014 I headed to the North Dakota oil fields. It took awhile but I eventually bought and invested most my income into my own machines and started building more rifles on the side. That's brought me to where I am today, building full time.... that and my carbon barrels.

I've also been working with a composites engineer for over 4 years now. I flew out to Rock Creek barrels awhile back when Mike Rock was still working there and we got some preliminary barrel contours worked up to go with my new carbon wrapping process. The barrels have gone through a few generations and at this point I don't see how we can improve on them further, working on upping production capability at this point because right now each barrel is hand wrapped and I'm using up all the inventory for my own builds. I'll see if I can't get a video up on how they differ from any other barrel on the market.

Another recent addition to HCA is hydrodipping! If you have anything you want dipped let me know! I've got a decent amount of patterns on hand including Kuiu verde/Vias 2.0, multicam, Kryptek patterns and a few others.

Current services offered:
Remington action truing
Rebarrel services for Remington/Tikka/Savage/Sako.
Muzzle brakes
Stock bedding
Some cerakote work is also available.
Full custom builds. I guarantee 1/2MOA on all my rifles. Most of my carbon builds are 7-7.5 lbs base rifle with 26" barrel and start around $3000-$3500.

e0875d0ed3a555af155e1e861d5478e5.jpg

b67894db09f70e4f0374c2619d116f0e.jpg

28 Nosler carbon killer on a LPA Razor Ti during break in threw down this group. Rifle later shot a 1/2" group at 300 yards.
b7bc7b4c1f754e81d9def80e244242e6.jpg

65396e209c3ec417d664a06ca4c375f6.jpg

Customer throwing down a 2" 4 shot group at 600 yards.
ee6df35797be9ddc33b1f1663d6d0dd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Feels pretty cool to see some familiar names already!

Also if there's any sort of interest in doing a Rokslide group buy for anything I offer I'd be more than happy to come up with something!

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
Are you back in Lewiston ? Is your shop in Lewiston?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Are you back in Lewiston ? Is your shop in Lewiston?

Currently My shop is in Wenatchee but I just submitted paperwork yesterday to the state of Idaho to move my business down to Lewiston. I have a nice shop reserved and I plan to have everything moved down there by July 1! It's a tedious process with stupid amounts of paperwork

Mike

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome ! I will have to stop by your shop and meet you when you get to lewsiton

That's awesome ! I will have to stop by your shop and meet you when you get to lewsiton

That'd be great! I was down there not too long ago getting some bolt handle lbs welded and barrels engraved. I'm moving into the old Seekins shop there in the port of Lewiston.

Mike

Good for you on taking oil field money and putting it into an independent future. I have a couple of nephews that spend it on big trucks and bigger tires.

Welcome back.

Well to be fair I did upgrade a pickup while there and bought a bunch of hunting gear that until then had been out of budget I haven't had the need to upgrade much since then though!

Mike

PAXMAN

FNG
Mike built one of the rifles picture above for me. It's the 28 Nosler with adjustable stock and Swaro scope. I am really glad i had him build the rifle for me. He came recommended from a mutual friend. This was the first custom gun that i have ever purchased and i like to learn everything i can so i asked a lot of questions! Mike was super helpful and didn't make a big deal out of any changes or any questions i had. I am really happy with the gun, i have had 2 employees who have never shot off a bag before throw down some 1/2-5/8 3 shot groups. Mike shot a .2 with it and i don't think i can shoot that good. He is currently making a 6.5WSM for me also. I am really excited for him and his business.

OLI62

FNG
Mike built one of the rifles picture above for me. It's the 28 Nosler with adjustable stock and Swaro scope. I am really glad i had him build the rifle for me. He came recommended from a mutual friend. This was the first custom gun that i have ever purchased and i like to learn everything i can so i asked a lot of questions! Mike was super helpful and didn't make a big deal out of any changes or any questions i had. I am really happy with the gun, i have had 2 employees who have never shot off a bag before throw down some 1/2-5/8 3 shot groups. Mike shot a .2 with it and i don't think i can shoot that good. He is currently making a 6.5WSM for me also. I am really excited for him and his business.

That rifle of yours is dead sexy. Can you tell me what it weighs all up as shown in the picture? Thanks.

PAXMAN

FNG
Sure thing. The Harris bipod is Mikes. I felt like she deserved a atlas. Without ammo she weights 11 lbs with everything in the picture. I could have saved a little weight if I decided to not go with the adjustable cheek piece. That was an extra 1/2 pound. And the barrel is 27 inches. It is nice having a little weight in the back when shooting.

UPDATE
I'm now a dealer for Athlon optics if anyone has any needs for their products. I'm going to be ordering an Ares BTR here in the near future.

Also working out a deal with Swaro/Kahles that I hope to have complete in the near future.