Please Welcome Creative Outdoors, Home of the Montana Bow Sling

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have a hard enough time being successful during rifle seasons. My hat is off to dedicated bow hunters, they are a truly dedicated group of individuals that bring a hard-core love to the pursuit of game. I have no desire to take up bow hunting at this point in my life, but I did order one of each color Montana bow sling off your site to give as gifts to friends who do. Thank you for keeping your shipping costs practical and fair, its a pet peeve of mine when companies tack on bullshit to the shipping charges, and lastly, thank you for pursuing your passion while keeping your products made here. In AMERICA.
-CANYON COUNTRY-

Very nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
Thank you, glad to be on here!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey Josh.

I got my Montana Bow Sling and started messing around with it. I am really impressed. I attached my Mathews Triax to my EXO pack, threading it though the left load lifter straps. I couldn’t believe how well balanced it felt. I thought for sure that I would use the quick release straps. But, I think I like the hooks better. Do you have any advice on when to choose one over the other? Also, I noticed in the picture at the top of this thread, the sling is being carried at a cant/angle. I configured mine to carry with the riser basically parallel with the ground. Is there an advantage to having the part of the bow that’s behind you to also ride a little lower than the front?

Thanks.

Hey Josh.

I got my Montana Bow Sling and started messing around with it. I am really impressed. I attached my Mathews Triax to my EXO pack, threading it though the left load lifter straps. I couldn’t believe how well balanced it felt. I thought for sure that I would use the quick release straps. But, I think I like the hooks better. Do you have any advice on when to choose one over the other? Also, I noticed in the picture at the top of this thread, the sling is being carried at a cant/angle. I configured mine to carry with the riser basically parallel with the ground. Is there an advantage to having the part of the bow that’s behind you to also ride a little lower than the front?

Thanks.

I haven't had mine a week yet, so still working on dialing in the fit. I so far seem to like mine to ride even like you stated, however I do use the hooks and mount them different front to back to get more of the bow in front of me. I use the back hook close to the limb, front hook just above my sight housing.

I have a hip pouch on my pack belt so I like it riding just below that, I was concerned it would flop around a lot but so far seems really stable.

Maybe that helps. Don't know.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Josh.

Thanks.
Hey, thanks for reaching out and glad to hear that you like the sling so far. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, busy weekend. Honestly it really comes down to personal preference, whatever feels the most comfortable for you as a hunter. I've tried several different configurations and I have about two that really fit me well. Having the bow situated more to my side seems to be what fits me the best, with the quick releases but I do have several friends that set it up totally different, thats the beauty of the design. One popular way is to have the hook in the back and quick release in front, thats becoming pretty popular. Let me know if you have any more questions, always happy to help. You can dm me to if you would like

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had mine a week yet, so still working on dialing in the fit. I so far seem to like mine to ride even like you stated, however I do use the hooks and mount them different front to back to get more of the bow in front of me. I use the back hook close to the limb, front hook just above my sight housing.

I have a hip pouch on my pack belt so I like it riding just below that, I was concerned it would flop around a lot but so far seems really stable.

Maybe that helps. Don't know.
Thanks for the kind words buddy!! Looking forward to you putting it through the paces!

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, thanks for reaching out and glad to hear that you like the sling so far. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, busy weekend. Honestly it really comes down to personal preference, whatever feels the most comfortable for you as a hunter. I've tried several different configurations and I have about two that really fit me well. Having the bow situated more to my side seems to be what fits me the best, with the quick releases but I do have several friends that set it up totally different, thats the beauty of the design. One popular way is to have the hook in the back and quick release in front, thats becoming pretty popular. Let me know if you have any more questions, always happy to help. You can dm me to if you would like

Hey Josh.

Thanks.
The other thing that is going on in that picture is I have just the quick release lower section attached to the shoulder strap. This puts all of the weight of the bow on one side of your body and distributes it directly to the shoulder strap. The back section is still attacked to the upper part of the pack. Give that option a try and see how you like it.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a chance to try this sling for the last week on an elk hunt and it got used extensively each day! Cant wait to finalize the review and thank you once again for becoming a sponsor!!

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Had a chance to try this sling for the last week on an elk hunt and it got used extensively each day! Cant wait to finalize the review and thank you once again for becoming a sponsor!!
Thanks Jared! I'm looking forward to your review but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Everyone, I will be running a mid season sale on my Montana Bow Slings! For a limited time starting now I will be offering 20% off only to Rokslide members! Simply enter ROK20 at checkout to redeem. Thanks to everyone who has already supported on this site, I'm truly grateful . Good luck this season and be safe.