plugs, muffs, ? for snoring partner?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
My buddy and I do a lot of trips together and I learned to camp a fair distance away due to his snoring. BUT we have a upcoming trip where a hot tent will be really handy for drying clothing (and a warm supper and breakfast area). We can split the load pretty nicely and not be packing in much more than two lightweight shelters.

Sooo… is there anything out there that you can suggest? I’ve tried the cheap, little foam plugs and while better, not great.

Thanks

You could take a look at the Bose Sleepbuds if regular earplugs won't cut it. It's similar to the wireless ear bud idea, but they're made for comfort when sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
little spendy, but reading through the description sounds like they would work

Yeah good question on battery life. Probably won’t be great if packing in, as I believe the fan apps will drain your phone overnight. AirPods last a long time on battery. My boys do this but we truck camp so no issues charging phones

I bring cheap wired earbuds. And a couple battery charges.
Then I can listen to podcasts, or whatever while I sleep.

Just remember to put your phone/device and chargers in your bag with you. Had all mine die in the cold one night. Like 3 days worth of charges on one pack and the phone.
Our buddy who hiked in later had to be our communications guy LOL

TFrank

WKR
Dispatch them or find a new partner, but seriously.

Partner snores like a freight train. I hate having anything on/protruding from my ears while side sleeping. Would just trim down some plugs so they do not extend beyond my ear canal.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt with a snorer too. I just use the foam plugs. I cut mine down a bit so when I'm on my side they don't hurt my ears. What a difference they make. I use to collect all of the shoes and whatnot, then by morning they are all pilled on or by my buddy! haha

ToolMann

WKR
Same boat for me. My hunting buddy snores something fierce. Last year we made a trip to Montana and I tried the foam ear plugs. After a few days my ear canals were super sore. For the next trip I'm trying my shooting muffs. On that note, he may make it up for a night of my pronghorn hunt, so I better get those loaded up!

Vandy321

WKR
Can't hear the grizzly in camp with earplugs in though?

I sleep much better with foamies in, but I also scare myself...big wuss.

If your partner snores loud enough for you to make this post, your partner likely has Sleep Apnea. As such, he should see his doctor about it. If he can be slightly elevate when sleeping it is likely to reduce his snoring and the intensity. There are oral devices that may also help. As for what you can do for yourself, I think that has been covered pretty well.

SWOHTR

WKR
The roll foamies have always worked well for me, and this is having used them for 15+ years at deer camp and on a noisy ship.

I’ve tried double ear pro with the kids. Foamies and ear muffs. I can still hear the kids cry.

My experience has been that you can’t get ALL of the noise gone, only muffle it.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few buddies who saw logs pretty loud at night too. It was bad for a few years but now they let me fall asleep first before they go down. Haven’t had a problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk