plugs, muffs, ? for snoring partner?

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When I was working swing shift, I couldn’t sleep without ear plugs. I still use them while hunting. Anything can sneak up on me, but oh well.

I can sleep with the cheap green foam ear plugs. I will have them with me for my buddies deer hunt coming up, I know he snores. My ears hurt when I wake up and I toss and turn, but it’s better than not sleeping!

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe just take your light solo tent for sleeping???? It would suck to not get good sleep with the miles you do.

I'm hoping maybe he throws his in as it's my hot tent/stove :D he could still dry clothes, eat meals and lounge in the bigger tent

looks like those Surefire plugs are worth looking into, they could do double duty as earning protection if taking a shot

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If camping tent style, sleep in your own tent, if motel get your own room. If trailer or motor home, one or the other sleep in the truck. I assume if you are hunting someone has a truck or SUV. I have spent many a night in my Yukon XL. 4" mattress, Dog keeps me nice and warm.

*zap*

WKR
I'm hoping maybe he throws his in as it's my hot tent/stove :D he could still dry clothes, eat meals and lounge in the bigger tent

looks like those Surefire plugs are worth looking into, they could do double duty as earning protection if taking a shot
Evict him for noise violations.... :love:

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If camping tent style, sleep in your own tent, if motel get your own room. If trailer or motor home, one or the other sleep in the truck. I assume if you are hunting someone has a truck or SUV. I have spent many a night in my Yukon XL. 4" mattress, Dog keeps me nice and warm.

we'll be 8 or 9 miles deep :D

He needs a sleep study

probably does- he had septum surgery, it helped his breathing, but not so much on the snoring end- much to the chagrin of his wife!

z987k

WKR
If your partner snores loud enough for you to make this post, your partner likely has Sleep Apnea. As such, he should see his doctor about it. If he can be slightly elevate when sleeping it is likely to reduce his snoring and the intensity. There are oral devices that may also help. As for what you can do for yourself, I think that has been covered pretty well.
Ya, elevate or if they're not incredibly overweight, just a little or one of the rather rare skinny sleep apnea people, see if they can sleep on their side or stomach.
If they're quite overweight this probably won't help.

If their snoring keeps you awake, it's extremely likely they have sleep apnea and really need to see a doctor.

mtnkid85

WKR
My buddy and I do a lot of trips together and I learned to camp a fair distance away due to his snoring. BUT we have a upcoming trip where a hot tent will be really handy for drying clothing (and a warm supper and breakfast area). We can split the load pretty nicely and not be packing in much more than two lightweight shelters.

Sooo… is there anything out there that you can suggest? I’ve tried the cheap, little foam plugs and while better, not great.

Thanks

I don't know that your going to get anything more comfortable than foam plugs. Im always rolling around in my sleep, anything much bigger would be annoying.

Ill run the foamies sleeping in our trailer with other guys and Ill even put them in sometimes by myself to help with wind noise/ tent flapping.

Had a buddy that sounded like he was trying to suck the roof in for awhile we always used ear plugs and made sure we beat him 2 bed

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
A wiffle ball bat is light enough to pack in, get a long one so you can whack him with it when he starts!

I would make him pack a small tent and sleep alone, no way I could sleep with someone snoring!