Plumbers, help!

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
I apologize in advance for posting this in here, but I'm desperate! We've recently moved into a trailer house temporarily until our renovation project is completed. There is a sewer gas smell under the kitchen sink, but only in the cabinet. I've torn apart EVERYTHING (I'm a contractor and done a ton of plumbing as well), and I cannot figure this out. No smell coming up from the sinks, so anything between the trap and the sinks is ruled out. I replaced all the drain pipe and trap all the way to the floor to rule that out. New dishwasher, and put a "high-loop" in the drain hose to rule that out. Have sealed around the drain line and the supply lines where they come through the floor. IT WONT QUIT SMELLING! I could live with it, but my wife...not so much. My last thought is some vent on the dishwasher i dont know about?? But I would think that smell would show up in the disposal? I'm at a loss...hopefully sonebody has experienced something similar and can help. Thank you!

Dunndm

WKR
Maybe there is a studor vent that is in the wall somewhere? Just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
I'd go with replacing the AAV as well

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

OP
Jbenson

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Ugh...finally figured it out. Feel like an idiot! When I put in a new dishwasher, I deleted the air gap that came up to the top of the sink. BUT I left a short 10" chunk of hose hanging from it. That short hose had a little bit of a J bend in it, and there was water and nasty shit still sitting in it from the old dishwasher. Didn't figure it out until I grabbed the hose and spilled it all over in the cabinet 🤣. Most lessons are better learned the hard way.