Plythal Initial Review

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
I bought jacket/pant sets (Full Rut Extreme & Pre-Rut) from the recent Plythal sale on Camofire. Since there isn't a lot of information here, I thought I would post initial thoughts:

Full Rut Extreme (Digital Forest):

- Pros: Warm, holds up nice to wind. I took these out in low 30's with decent wind the other day, I feel like these would be pretty toasty for my eastern whitetail sits with some layering. The fleece is nice, they apparently have a waterproof membrane of some kind according to their site. Has a harness attachment on the back for treestanders. Pattern looks good and the fit is nice - I fit a size L jacket and size M pant at 6'0, 180, relatively athletic build. Materials are quality, good stitching, and quiet.

- Cons: For those who are concerned about UV, this set GLOWS under black light. I've attached a picture- the bright spot in the middle is how most of the garment looks under the light, it was hard to capture in a picture. They would definitely pick up burrs, but that comes with the territory with fleecy garments. Pants are a bit baggy but reasonably so.

Pre-Rut (Photoflage):

- Pros: Nice softshell, again the materials seem quality. Seems like a good set for 40's - 60's with a bit of layering. Again, I fit a size L jacket and size M pants. Very quiet.

- Cons: Still glows under UV more than I'd like, but about 50% what the heavier fleece was. I'd have less reservations about this set from a UV perspective, but it is present. Picture also attached.

Overall: Both sets seem like quality wear. For those who get nervous about animals' ability to see in the UV spectrum, they both stand out under a black light. Unsure if this would dull out after some washes. Otherwise, they are great pieces.

For me, I'll probably use them for rifle whitetail, where I'm less concerned about short-range stealthiness, and will pass on usage for shotgun turkey run/gun (the heavier set would be too warm for that anyways).

I have the pre-rut jacket and really like it. We have their base layers and fleece hoody’s also. My boys and I really like them.

OP
tclipse

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
I have the pre-rut jacket and really like it. We have their base layers and fleece hoody’s also. My boys and I really like them.
I should have mentioned I also got the base layer 1.0’s and they are super nice.