Plythal on camofire

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I took a chance and ordered the plythal packable rain jacket on camofire. I'm glad I ordered when I did because the XL is already sold out. Anyway, I searched on here and a little googling and didn't find much info. Can anyone speak on this jacket and/or brand? Never heard of it until I just saw it on camofire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I almost ordered it until I saw it was 24 ounces. Cables packable rain jacket comes in at 11 ounces. Big difference when backpack hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the pre-rut 2.0 Jacket off that camofire sale yesterday. I couldn't find much for feedback anywhere online either. I was hesitant but it seems like solid gear and a sales rep from the website helped to clarify some of the questions I had. I'll found out in a few days!

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I almost ordered it until I saw it was 24 ounces. Cables packable rain jacket comes in at 11 ounces. Big difference when backpack hunting

Not totally sure where you got your info. I just got my jacket. XL weighs in at 13 ounces
a4a58101f7aeef6bc11bf367d8146a9f.jpg

Please post your reviews here. I'm really curious of the quality of plythal. So many brands out there now (Pnuma, Kings camo, Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, Skre, Browning, Rocky, Badlands, Plythal, etc...) I'm always interested in seeing what the difference is but they're are expensive.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
The more brands the better! Assuming it means more competition and better pricing!

Not totally sure where you got your info. I just got my jacket. XL weighs in at 13 ounces
a4a58101f7aeef6bc11bf367d8146a9f.jpg

I mis read a western hunter review... now that I read it again it says 24 oz for pants and jacket. I would’ve order one had I known

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Please post your reviews here. I'm really curious of the quality of plythal. So many brands out there now (Pnuma, Kings camo, Sitka, Kuiu, First Lite, Skre, Browning, Rocky, Badlands, Plythal, etc...) I'm always interested in seeing what the difference is but they're are expensive.

Just got my pre-rut 2.0 Jacket, It was delivered on my lunch break so I didn't get a chance to take pictures but I tried it on and it's very nice material. Right up there with KUIU and the other big boys. My main concern was durability but it seems to have plenty of it. I'll post some pics when I get home later!

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Quick update, this jacket is top notch. The digital camo is a little darker green than I thought it would be but that’s a huge plus me.

Pros: Good tough and light material, great pattern and color scheme. Quality zippers, the pocket locations are a plus and it has large under arm vents to help regulate heat.

Cons: Not sure on how breathable it will be. I need to test it out with a merino wool baselayer. There’s also no hood, which is nice to have but definitely not a deal breaker for me.

.223EBFCD-F1DA-4C49-A986-BCCCCBB41418.jpegF8D66DD1-F714-4F44-B1B5-01F61103E22F.jpegE2BC4ABA-730C-4898-B18B-857E2FE0058F.jpegBE39E932-25B8-4288-A265-FFFAE4B15AE4.jpegF5F3E0EC-B7AB-4015-9A4F-6EF5A59DD258.jpeg

Quick update, this jacket is top notch. The digital camo is a little darker green than I thought it would be but that’s a huge plus me.

Pros: Good tough and light material, great pattern and color scheme. Quality zippers, the pocket locations are a plus and it has large under arm vents to help regulate heat.

Cons: Not sure on how breathable it will be. I need to test it out with a merino wool baselayer. There’s also no hood, which is nice to have but definitely not a deal breaker for me.

.View attachment 96196View attachment 96197View attachment 96198View attachment 96199View attachment 96200
Wow. Kinda surprised. Actually looks like it's good quality. Most likely gonna get a rain jacket if it's on sale. I always enjoy trying different gear.

A rain jacket without a hood is a deal breaker for me personally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It’s been a while.
Any updates on Plythal?
I used it in Montana for a couple weeks last September when it rained. My opinion would be save your money. It works and I didn't have to pay too much for it but I wish I had spent more and gotten higher quality gear. It didn't last good enough for me to have enough confidence in it for next year. It's kinda ya get what ya pay for

Anyone have any experience with the down extreme hooded jacket or the down jacket? Looking to add a late season jacket that I can wear in a tree stand and throw on while glassing out west.

Sled

WKR
Was it the dwr in the rain jacket that didn't hold up on your Montana hunt?

I've been thinking of trying the scrapeline jacket and pants for early season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk