Plythal on camofire

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been a while.
Any updates on Plythal?

I've used my pre-rut 2.0 jacket a ton. Worked as a solid outer layer for a week in Northern Idaho last September. No holes or rips after beating our way through some thick nasty brush. I figured if it can handle that stuff it's gotta be pretty decent. It was also a great mid-layer for white tail in Minnesota this last November/December. My only wish is that it had a hood but for the price I bought it off camofire I can't complain. As a poster earlier stated, it's not the best for getting wet but honestly you need dedicated rain gear for that. It has a DWR finish and sheds a little bit of water but I got soaked walking through the wet brush. That happened with all my clothing though.

Last edited:

Sled

WKR
just tried on the plythal scrapeline jacket i ordered last week. i really wanted this type of jacket for a while now. it is similar to one that i wear for work which would be perfect for hunting if it weren't bright red. my first thoughts on the jacket was that it's clean looking and well put together. unfortunately, it is so loud that any movement causes enough noise to announce your presence to all in the woods within extended bow ranges. might be an ok piece of gear for a deer stand but not for the type of western hunting i do. this is where the likes of sitka separates themselves from some of the other brands. it costs more but functions at a higher level.

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the down extreme hooded on camofire for $132 after tax and ship. It seemed like a good deal on a seemingly good-quality camo, puffy jacket. I'll try to remember to report how it performs after elk and deer season

rj2

WKR
I went with the down extreme hooded on camofire for $132 after tax and ship. It seemed like a good deal on a seemingly good-quality camo, puffy jacket. I'll try to remember to report how it performs after elk and deer season

I ordered a medium and it was massive. Something like 52" chest. Sent it back.

Anyone have the primaheat vest that could weigh it?

Sled

WKR

probably just mislabeled. when we get uniforms at work the low end or new to the industry brands often have that issue. our UnderArmor jackets and pants were all over the place. a 36" waist, 200+ lb man was wearing XS tall pants and a medium jacket. in any other brand that would be L pant and L or XL jacket. luckily UA dropped their outerwear uniform line since they were circling the drain and in trouble with the SEC.

chuckq777

FNG
I got the extreme and it was huge. Returned it and the prima was a full size smaller. So the prima was a standard size. Little noisy but should cut wind and it’s cheap. See how it holds up.

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the packable rain jacket for a little over a year now. Worn it maybe a couple dozen times during a passing rain. Worn a couple times during a steady few hour rain. I'm pretty pleased with it. I wear an XL in most tops, occasionally a large for next to skin layers. I got this jacket in XL and it fits good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider

Yeah, man, it was HUGE. I went from an L to a M. Does the shell seem a bit thin? I'm a little bit concerned that it won't be super durable.

rj2

WKR
I wasn't too concerned with the shell because I would have pretty much just late season archery treestand hunted with it. I was more wondering about the noise. either way its too bad cause it seemed like it would have been a great late season jacket. I wanted to pair it with the prima-heat bibs with 130g primaloft, the bibs seem alright

chuckq777

FNG
Yes, it worked out very well. Cut wind nicely and the noise was not that big of a deal. I pack it in my bag and helps with long treks in, mile or so. The FL Sanctuary jacket is by far by favorite jacket for cold weather tree stand sits with a bow.

another set up I run that i love is the eddie bauer ever therm. I wear this as a base layer but could be warn as your jacket. Cuts wind so well, quieter than prima jacket and packs small. I run a FL hoodie over it and im good! pack small and will bring it as an in case layer.

I run a arcteryx jacket for elk.